Help! Shampoo/conditioner recommendations?

RheemuahRheemuah Posts: 7Registered Users
Hello!
I just discovered this site, and I'm glad to find more curly teens like me!
I have 2C hair, my hair has big curls but can get smaller towards the ends and parts of my hair like to get a bit wavy, but that's just minor. It's very thick. I have layered long hair so the shorter layer is up to my shoulder when straightened. It can get oily on the second day. I don't straighten it a lot anymore because when I do, it takes up a lot of time in the mornings and I need my sleep!
I've been wanting a good organic shampoo/conditioner for my hair type and I'm using Whole Food's 365 Daily Value or whatever it's called. I thought it would be really good but I noticed that my hair gets really oily and it still frizzes.
I also use:
Beyond the Zone Frizz Zapper Anti-Frizz Serum (my back up because my biosilk ran out)
got2b fat-tastic mousse
Mane n' Tail Leave-In Conditioner Spray (I'm not sure about this one, I switched to this but I still have my Beyond the Zone Split Mender)
John Freida Frizz-Ease Heat Protection Spray (I blowdry my bangs and hair a bit)
So that's pretty much it. Since I have big and small curls, I really want that natural curls look that also fits my bangs, which are side swept. They're small but I want them to blend into my hair.
Any suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• brooklynprincess23brooklynprincess23 Posts: 6Registered Users
    well i have about 3c/4a type of hair and i use MIXED CHICKS kid's shampoo .. its natural with no sulphates/ sulfates .. it's really good ! as for conditioners I just use garnier frutius triple nutriton.

they work pretty well .. they do help promote hair growth!
  • bbunnycurliesbbunnycurlies Posts: 40Registered Users
    Try the Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. My sister has hair like you and she loves this shampoo and conditioner.
  • beachlover102beachlover102 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Well my hair is 2C like you, but not thick. You said you were looking for something organic, but I like to used Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner.(And I don't think its organic) They have different types so I use any of them made for curly/wavy hair. Also the hydration ones. The shampoo doesn't make your hair greasy and the conditioner is AMAZING! I only use it on my ends( I don't know if other people use it on their scalps) and it makes the ends completely knot free and feeling moisturized. When I use it I don't have to use leave in. Thats my opinion.:mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file