Products to protect my hair frm heat when i use a flat iron.

soccer chicksoccer chick Registered Users Posts: 2
I love to wear my hair straight, and when i first started straightening it every thing was fine, but after about three weeks i noticed that a lot of my hair was breaking off from the heat. Now my hair is shorter by about three inches and i cant seem to find a product that will protect hair from the heat. :cry: If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I'm willing to try just about anything.

Comments

• kurlskurls Registered Users Posts: 843
    I like Aveda PureBrilliant Emollient - a lil goes a long way, and it keeps my hair frizz free, shiney, and has protected my hair THUS far when using my flat iron/curling irons.
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • declarationofcurlinessdeclarationofcurliness Registered Users Posts: 16
    I like to use "ion anti-frizz solutions heat protection straightening iron spray" from sally's. 5.99 reg/ 5.49 if member. I always air-dry my hair, except sometimes I decide to flat iron it after it dries. I like this product because it's applied on DRY hair, so I can use it whenever I want, as opposed to the paul mitchells I used before where I would have to decide after washing my hair whether I would be straightening it. It also has the benefit (for me) of not being volumizing.
    2c generally, with a few spirals in front and underneath. Between BSL and waist length when straight, about shoulder length when set free.
  • NJTNJT Registered Users Posts: 57
    kurls wrote:
    I like Aveda PureBrilliant Emollient - a lil goes a long way, and it keeps my hair frizz free, shiney, and has protected my hair THUS far when using my flat iron/curling irons.

I like this product a lot too, but do you use it as a heat protectant also (meaning putting it on before you straighten?) I am also looking for something like that..t.
  • NJTNJT Registered Users Posts: 57
    dp
  • SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    You can try Tigi Control Freak Serum; you can use it for straight and curly styling (is also CG friendly if you care).

Another product is Garnier Furctis Smoothing Milk.

Also it would be good to do DTs regulary to make sure your hair doesn't get dried out.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I really like the Ouidad Climate Control gel. It's very liquidy and easy to distribute, and protects the hair from heat and humidity.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I like to leave in a little coconut oil before I flat iron.
    3b-3c CG
  • GiveMeABMWGiveMeABMW Registered Users Posts: 219
    I really like using some o' this to protect against heat...

http://www.matrix.com/products/sleek_look/iron_smoother.aspx

And some of this to smooth the hair afterwards...

http://www.matrix.com/products/sleek_look/sealing_serum.aspx

But really any serum will do. Right now I use Citre Shine serum and it works just as well.
    What's working this week:
    Shower: Garnier 3x Nutrition shampoo 1x per week, cowash with Tres Semme Naturals, condition with
    GF Sleek and Shine deep conditioner
    Styling: Tres Semme Naturals as leave in, L'Oreal Melting gel and HE SMU raked in, LOOB and AG Re:Coil scrunched in, Jojoba Oil scrunched in when totally dry
    :toothy4: 3B
  • rmiro13rmiro13 Registered Users Posts: 63
    When using the Matrix products, are these the only 2 you use when straightening your hair?

I've been using the Deva products for a year now and my curls are fabulous. Since I cut it shoulder length recently, I decided to blow dry it straight, figuring it wouldn't take too long.

No doubt it looks better, but the ends are still a bit frizzy. I couldn't figure out if it's because I'm a 3B trying to go straight or if it's because I just used the gel I had -- [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink] -- instead of a straightening product.

Are there any good CG friendly straightening gels out there?

Thanks!
    3b
    www.fotki.com/rmiro13 (PW: goodcurls)
    CG since January 2006
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    biosilk silk therapy, i have been using it for over 5 years now and still swear by it
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • saucy.suziesaucy.suzie Registered Users Posts: 5
    Like Bailey 422, I really like Ouidad Climate Control gel. Not only does it protect my hair when I blow dry it straight, it leaves my hair soft and shiny.
  • quickcurlquickcurl Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I just started ironing my hair, and I need to find something to protect and control the frizz. My hair is very dry to begin with, so the heat just frizzes it up even more.

I'll have to look for some of these when I'm out today. Thanks for the suggestions!
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • soccer chicksoccer chick Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey everybody thanks for all of your suggestions, i plan to try all of them @ some point or another until i find one that works best for me. You guys are great and i really appreciate it :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file