Kinky Curly Curling Custard

KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Well I'd already seen the "how to" vids prior to buying a $17 supply of this stuff, so I kept an open mind with the understanding that application of KCCC comes with a learning curve attached.

I'd used Suave clarifying shampoo first to get all the coconut oil out of my hair first.

I used the KCCC over Tresemme Naturals conditioner and casually applied it in sections, using fingers. Applied it sparingly for the most part.

This product is interesting. There were a couple sections that required I place an extra touch of condish over the KCCC because I could tell it was going to feel too dry otherwise. I dried it by sitting a safe distance from my tower-shaped space heater. It didn't take very long for my enormous mane to dry, which was great.

I had to re-wet/re-apply KCCC to certain patches (not enough used the 1st time) ... So it will take some time before I train myself to be consistent with distribution of product.

After all hair was dry I leaned upside down and gently coaxed hair upward at the roots for volume. Did this a few times this evening and now it has more body. Also had to pull some curls apart because the KCCC twisted my hair into freakishly wound up corkscrews. It's very shiny and reasonably soft.

Overall KCCC worked out great (Score of 9.0)! Still not sure it matches my HG, which is Tresemme Naturals LI along with refined organic coconut oil. I'll play some more with it to find out 8)

Comments

• Stinalee1120Stinalee1120 Posts: 67Registered Users Curl Novice
    Did you get any crunch with this product?? I was thinking about trying it out in my daughter's natural hair, but I hate crunch. I also heard that it doesn't play well with other products and you are advised to use Knot Today with the Custard. Do you think you would have given it a 10 with the knot today??
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll jump in. I must be the only person on the wavy/curly planet who does not get crunch with KCCC.
    That said, I always use a LI under it so perhaps that is why. I do not use Knot Today with it. I have used iit before but found some leave ins that I like better. I may try it again in Winter.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • Stinalee1120Stinalee1120 Posts: 67Registered Users Curl Novice
    interesting...so what is your ratio of leave-in and KCCC to not get crunch? Cause I have a hunch that a lot of people who use the product are more heavy handed than they think they are
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    I was in love with KCCC for a very long time, then I just found that using a leave in and some castor oil works the same.

I used Tresemme Naturals too!

I found that using praying hands after spreading a dime sized amount of KCCC between your hands, start at the root and smooth down. For me I always had even distribution after discovering this method and then I let it air dry.

I also am a believer of flipping my hair upside down if I'm using KCCC, it was the only thing, besides Eco Styler, that could ever weigh my hair down.

Good luck!
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file