Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine!!

oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
Just wanted to let all of you know that I am OBSESSED with this conditioner.

Obsessed.

It's so wonderful! My hair, which is fairly coarse-ish and can be difficult to really moisturize, just gobbles this stuff up and loves it. It makes my hair so silky soft and it's all wonderfully slippy, so detangling is super easy, and my hair is sleek and manageable and yay! I definitely recommend this stuff (the reformulated version though -- check carefully) :)
whurly girly (2C/3A).
thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!

Comments

• Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I'm going to try this after I finish off a HUGE bottle of GFTN - which is a staple conditioner for me. I've been wanting to try the new Sleek & Shine but really need to clear out my cabinet first. Have you used GFTN? If so how does it compare to the Skeek & Shine?
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I totally love Sleek and Shine too, it has become a staple for me and I've repurchased several times! I hate GFTN, but adore S&S! Hands down one the best drugstore condish for me.

Have you tried the S&S Intensely Smooth Leave In Cream? It's in a squatty 10 oz. bottle, I had to look a long time before I could find it, most stores around me don't carry it w/ the rest of the line. Anyway, it's not cg, but it is awesome too.
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    Lucky Charm, I like it so much better than GFTN! I used to use GFTN all the time (I still like to use it whenever I go swimming, I wet my hair first and slather it in haha! It seems to protect my hair nicely), but I found it was actually weighing my hair down while not providing nearly enough moisture. Also, GFTN isn't nearly as slippy as Sleek and Shine is -- Sleek and Shine just melts into your hair, I swear! And it leaves it so soft! :toothy4: So in my personal opinion, I would say it's a slippier, but NOT thinner, version of Triple Nutrition. I also find it more moisturizing.

No, I've never tried the leave-in cream, jlpmom! I'm a bit scared of non-CG products since my hair pre-CG was atrocious, but I may give it a try in summer if the humidity starts killing my hair. Thanks for the suggestion! :thumbright:
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Posts: 99Registered Users
    Just wanted to let all of you know that I am OBSESSED with this conditioner.

Obsessed.

It's so wonderful! My hair, which is fairly coarse-ish and can be difficult to really moisturize, just gobbles this stuff up and loves it. It makes my hair so silky soft and it's all wonderfully slippy, so detangling is super easy, and my hair is sleek and manageable and yay! I definitely recommend this stuff (the reformulated version though -- check carefully) :)

Yeah they took out the the avacado oil out and put in argan oil and the funny thing is I thought my hair liked the old version better.......well my hair is cursin me out right now for switchin! I'm goin str8 back to the new version.
    My hair wets when water touches it !;-)
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Posts: 99Registered Users
    I'm going to try this after I finish off a HUGE bottle of GFTN - which is a staple conditioner for me. I've been wanting to try the new Sleek & Shine but really need to clear out my cabinet first. Have you used GFTN? If so how does it compare to the Skeek & Shine?

The GFTN messes with skin.....it makes me itch......i dont like it

My hair wets when water touches it !;-)
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • frizzinflafrizzinfla Posts: 190Registered Users
    I was having horrible hair days until I found Garnier Sleek & Shine conditioner (the New formula). I LOVE it! I just had a moment of panic when I noticed that it contains isopropyl alcohol!! That can't be good! I do not notice any dryness in my hair, but now I worry that this stuff will ruin my hair in the long run.

Everything I've read says to completely avoid isopropyl alcohol in hair products. Can anyone enlighten me? Or, should I stop using this conditioner {frown}?
  • afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    same! i just used some today and really liked it but saw that isopropyl alcohol was one of the ingredients. im a little unsure about whether i should keep using it or not....
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file