wen, hair less curly?

Gibbsy777Gibbsy777 Posts: 72Registered Users
I've been using Wen for over a month and love how it makes my hair feel...I use swee alomond mint mostly.
The only downside I think my hair is more wavy and less curly.
Anyone else have this issue? Any advice?

I have not had luck with other low poos before. now that I use Wen, I feel like my hair is clean, versus using DEVA low poo.
*Shampoo - Tresemme Naturals (low sulfate) once every week or two.
*Conditioner - DEVA One (used for co-wash too). Yes To Carrots conditioner.
*Leave in - Garnier Fructis Clean styling cream & gel (DEVA gels are hit or miss depending on the weather. ULTA medium hold gel is also silicone free).
*Other likes - DEVA moisture lock spray, Ducks Clips (spray with gel first), diffuse 30 - 40%.

Comments

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Could be the dimethicone, the glycerin, the emulsifying wax or even the protein if your hair does not like it.
    I agree, Deva LowPoo left my hair feeling like it was coated and I want my hair to feel clean.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • Gibbsy777Gibbsy777 Posts: 72Registered Users
    Based on the ingredients, it looked like it only had 1water soluble cone....am I wrong? my hair loves protein so that is not an issue
    *Shampoo - Tresemme Naturals (low sulfate) once every week or two.
    *Conditioner - DEVA One (used for co-wash too). Yes To Carrots conditioner.
    *Leave in - Garnier Fructis Clean styling cream & gel (DEVA gels are hit or miss depending on the weather. ULTA medium hold gel is also silicone free).
    *Other likes - DEVA moisture lock spray, Ducks Clips (spray with gel first), diffuse 30 - 40%.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Amodimethicone can build up on some people. I agree that it's probably the amodimethicone doing it. I've used it in the past and also had issues with the amodimethicone in it.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    Gibbsy777 wrote: »
    Based on the ingredients, it looked like it only had 1water soluble cone....am I wrong? my hair loves protein so that is not an issue
    One cone yes but how much of that cone is in there? No way to tell, you might just want to alternate WEN with something else. Also depends on the time of year I find any kind of cone leaves my hair straighter when it's cold but in the Summer cuts down on frizz and works well to manage my hair.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 516Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't found that, just the opposite. The more moisturized and soft my hair is the curlier it is and wen really does soften it. My question about wen is is it the same as Sally's imitation Hair One. I am using them both and it seems like wen is a bit more moisturizing, but I am not sure and it is much more expensive even buying it on ebay as I have. I kind of think it is better but am not totally sure. I like both products and find them more moisturizing than one c.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file