We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Hard water & hair loss

aussieginnieaussieginnie Posts: 4Registered Users
Has anyone tried using distilled water, and cleansing their hair with a mineral chelating wash and found it helps with hair loss and flash drying?

I saw a dermatologist who said mine was telogen effluvium, & to try vitamins & stress management. I've had a thyroid issue in the past, but supposedly that's resolved, according to blood tests.

Comments

• UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    If you doctor is only relying on the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test, you may still have a thyroid issue.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    UP Lisa wrote: »
    If you doctor is only relying on the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test, you may still have a thyroid issue.

Could you please share which test should be done to detect a thyroid problem? I have had the TSH test done and it came back normal, but I am still worried.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file