thinning hair at front/crown

MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,471Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
First I thought it was mostly when my roots needed color, the silver new growth looked like my scalp. But, I had my roots done last week, and today it looked like my hair is thinning at the top/front. I am really bummed.

Comments

• danyel02danyel02 Posts: 156Registered Users
    My hair has always been thin at the front/crown area and I would really like some ideas on stimulating hair growth.
    Type: 4a Fine Texture
    CG since 2008 - Life long natural
    Holy Grails
    Cleanser: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    Leave-ins: Camille Rose Moisture Milk & Almond Jai
    D/T: Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment
    Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Butters: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Bask Condensed Custard
    Oils: Coconut & Grapeseed
  • SHLONNIESHLONNIE Posts: 21Registered Users
    try M.Gardson's treatment method ...it's certainly the cheapest way
    because we should use pepper and mustard powder...it made my hair grow like crazy.
  • monniejmonniej Posts: 25Registered Users
    i'm experiencing the same thing right now. thin edges, hairline and crown. i attribute most of my problem to menopause. i've been trying so many things i think i may have made it worse by clogging my follicles. now i'm using groworks grow it serum and its slowed the shedding down considerably. i can even feel little hairs sprouting in places that were bald just a couple weeks ago. its still pretty thin, but at least i don't have excessive shedding, so that's a good start in my book.

Amazon.com: Groworks Grow It Root Serum 4 oz.: Beauty

i get mine from riteaid or cvs for about $7.
  • imlaimla Posts: 163Registered Users
    I also see some thinning going on in the crown area which I attribute to both "bunning with gel" and genetics. My mom is 75 and most of her hair thinning is in her crown area. Hair seems thicker since stopping the use of gel and just pinning my hair up instead of bunning.

Don't sleep on Hairveda Vatika Frosting for your hairline, it works. Keeping your scalp clean helps and I use bentonite clay to clean scalp and hair, as well as an oil blend (castor/almond/olive) to massage scalp with.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file