my hair hates shampoo

girlcat36girlcat36 Registered Users Posts: 40
My hair hates shampoo. I used a tiny little bit(and I mean TINY) mixed with conditioner after 3 poo-less weeks. Frizz and flyaways!!! Co-washing isn't working for me either; my thin baby fine hair(3a/3b) just looks limp and dirty. I used VO5 kiwi lime sqeeze--is this conditioner too heavy? I don't really want to shop online either. Just kinda depressed about this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3a/b, very fine, very thin. Regrowing after chemo and radiation hairloss.
Cone-free, sulfate-free.

Comments

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    The VO5 kiwi lime squeeze is hailed to be a really light condish, really good for co-washing - for some, even too light as a co-wash. Have you tried diluting it? I've read plenty of posts where people thought they couldn't co-wash, then some wise guru let them know they just couldn't put all that concentrated condish on their scalps. I may not be some wise guru, but I've had my eyes glued to this screen long enough to have gleaned some knowledge from them! :D

HTH...and I'll leave it to the actual gurus to list nice gentle between-shampoo-and-conditioner options...after I mention Creme of Nature's popular shampoo (like a co-wash but with an extra kick, lots of devotees here)...Um, now I'll leave it to the gurus.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    I would try Activate Shampoo if I were you. I use it when my hair just starts feeling not as clean with a co-wash (which is about once ever 2 months or so) There's no sulfates and it doesn't dry me out AT ALL. It's also cheap and can be found in drugstores or online. Alot of curlies on here like it too! HTH
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    KLS never really worked well for me either. Frizzy, fluffy, wierd hair resulted from the one bottle I tried. Have you tried any suave or white rain? or other v05 "flavors"? Or maybe an ACV rinse. Also, make sure you're not using any products that are silicone-heavy. Check the lists (I think there's one somewhere around here) to make sure you don't have one hiding somewhere in your routine.

ETA:
    Also, how are you CO washing? The "curly girl" method of CO didn't get my hair clean enough. I have fine, thin, greasy hair that needs a good cleaning. For me to get my hair clean without shampoo I have to dilute the conditioner with water (about half and half), and then use a LOT on my scalp. I take about a tsp at a time and rub it into my scalp from all angles so I don't miss a spot, then take a handfull or two and plop it on top for good measure. I then pull it down onto my length and let it sit for 5 minutes or so while I do the rest of my shower stuff. Then I rinse ALL of it out, and use minimal products afterwards. Otherwise it's lank, not shiny, grody hair. HTH!
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • KaterinaKaterina Registered Users Posts: 117
    The VO5 kiwi lime squeeze is hailed to be a really light condish, really good for co-washing - for some, even too light as a co-wash. Have you tried diluting it? I've read plenty of posts where people thought they couldn't co-wash, then some wise guru let them know they just couldn't put all that concentrated condish on their scalps. I may not be some wise guru, but I've had my eyes glued to this screen long enough to have gleaned some knowledge from them! :D

HTH...and I'll leave it to the actual gurus to list nice gentle between-shampoo-and-conditioner options...after I mention Creme of Nature's popular shampoo (like a co-wash but with an extra kick, lots of devotees here)...Um, now I'll leave it to the gurus.

Ok, sasparilla, I'm very curious...........how has the Creme of Nature worked for you? I just purchased that this week, when I noticed it had no sulfates in it. I did find that it had tricedeth-12 in it as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient after H2O, though, and isn't that a silicone? I didn't learn that til AFTER I had gone online to find sweetpeacurli's list.

Anyway, interested to know how it works for you...........
    fine, wavy hair with lazy waves. Sometimes lanky spiral curls underneath when the weath is very humid. My waves are capricious like me! Presently using Burt's Bees condish, FOTE AVG with honey or Mop Top gel.
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    I thought tricedeth-12 was an ingredient that made amodimethicone more water-soluble.
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file