CurlTalk

cg shampoos

Is there actually a cone-free, protein-free, sulfate-free shampoo out there that can be bought in a store (not online). I'm beginning to think that it doesn't exist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3a/b, very fine, very thin. Regrowing after chemo and radiation hairloss.
Cone-free, sulfate-free.

Comments

• KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    They are hard to find. Especially the "not online" and the "protein free" part.

I have to say I don't know of one. Maybe Burt's Bees?

• SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I thought Cream of Nature met your requirements. Anyway, if not, some baby shampoos meet your requirements. But just be sure to check the ingredients because some are not as gentle as they seem.

Check this one out, I think it's safe; and you should be able to pick it up at a drugstore or something similar.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drugstore.com%2Fproducts%2Fprod.asp%3Fpid%3D150044%26amp%3Bcatid%3D27029%26amp%3Btrx%3DPLST-0-SEARCH%26amp%3Btrxp1%3D27029%26amp%3Btrxp2%3D150044%26amp%3Btrxp3%3D1%26amp%3Btrxp4%3D0%26amp%3Bbtrx%3DBUY-PLST-0-SEARCH" class="Popup
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    health food stores are a good source for sulphate-free cleansers.

I've been using the Desert Essence Italian Grape Shampoo. I know it's sulphate free and cone free. From looking at the ingredients, I think it's protein free, too.

Kiss My Face and Nature's Gate are some other brands you can look at as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Two words: Trader Joe's.

Man, I am DYING to go take my own advice. *clicks heels* There's no place like Joe's, there's no place like Joe's, there's no place li --

Darn.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Brio, how are you liking the DE Italian Grape shampoo? I had no idea it was sulfate free! Are you also using the matching conditioner?
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    lushaholic wrote:
    Brio, how are you liking the DE Italian Grape shampoo? I had no idea it was sulfate free! Are you also using the matching conditioner?

I bought both the Italian Grape shampoo & the conditioner. I didn't care too much for the conditioner. I didn't think it had enough slip to detangle my hair. I only used it a couple of times, though, and then my daughter came to visit, tried it, liked it, and took it home with her. I shampoo a few times a month, depending on what I'm putting in my hair. It seems to be gentle. I know it doesn't lather like regular shampoo.

I'm looking again at the ingredients. Maybe I was wrong. Does this count as a sulphate? Sodium Coco-Sulfate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    Brio wrote:
    lushaholic wrote:

I bought both the Italian Grape shampoo & the conditioner. I didn't care too much for the conditioner. I didn't think it had enough slip to detangle my hair. I only used it a couple of times, though, and then my daughter came to visit, tried it, liked it, and took it home with her. I shampoo a few times a month, depending on what I'm putting in my hair. It seems to be gentle. I know it doesn't lather like regular shampoo.

I'm looking again at the ingredients. Maybe I was wrong. Does this count as a sulphate? Sodium Coco-Sulfate.

I googled for the ingredients:

Aqueous Infusion of
    Certified Organic Extracts:, Vitis Vinifera (Grape), Urtica
    Dioica (Nettle), Macrocystic Pyrifera (Grape), Cocamidopropyl
    Betaine (coconut derived), Sodium Coco Sulfate (coconut
    derived), Decyl Gulcoside (vegetable derived), Polyquaternium-7
    (coconut derived), Resveratrol, Red Wine Extract, Panthenol,
    Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Proprietary Blend of Natural Essential
    Oils, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium
    Glutamate, Postassium Sorbate

copied from: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fvitanetonline.com%2Fdescription%2FDE0254%2Fvitamins%2FItalian-Red-Grape-Shampoo%2F" class="Popup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!