Cracked heels

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My heels are hideous. I try to do a pedicure once a month mainly because they are able to smooth out better than I can, but they are still rough and with colder weather coming, it gets worse. Suggestions of something to try?

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was just gonna post this question!! I know Vaseline and socks really helps but I hate sleeping with socks on.

Hoping others have great suggestions!!
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Regular pedicures (I get a pedicure every two to three weeks).

Zim's Crack Creme - gross name, AMAZING product. I use it in the a.m. and in the p.m. I put it on in the evening and wear cotton socks to bed, then after I take my shower in the morning, I put more on and finish getting ready with socks on (I don't want to get the cream all over my vintage tile and hardwood floors!).
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My heals were terrible until I started going for monthly pedicures. Once per week, I use a Microplane Orb (similar to PedEgg) to keep the rough skin from returning. Each night, I apply either Aquaphor or Philosophy Soul Owner to my heels. I like Aquaphor better, but the Philosophy was an impulse buy and it works well also -- due to expense I won't repurchase. I get better results with socks but unless it's winter time, I am too warm sleeping to wear socks -- I still get decent results without socks though.

This routine has helped my heals tremendously. But if I skip a week with the foot file, I am back on my way to the rough, cracked skin again.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,223Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My best results have been with AmLactin - available in the US at drugstores over the counter.

Let us know what works best for you!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmm, I have Amlactin that I use for the KP on my arms. Never thought about it for my feet. Don't know why. Lol!

I hate sleeping in socks (can't stand my feet to be hot), but I will try to make more effort to put lotion on and then socks just around the house and see if that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Amlactin is what works best for me.

If they're really nasty, try a micro plane (I can't use Ped Egg type ones those are too rough) to get rid of the hard crusty skin.
    Or use a pumice stone in the shower.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file