Get in Shape for 2012

Comments

• B-Nessa11B-Nessa11 Posts: 1,050Registered Users
    B-Nessa11 wrote: »
    I would love to! Having someone to talk to about it will be great. And it will make me feel like I HAVE to do the workout cuz I don't wana come back to the thread lying n saying I did lol.

I'm giving myself a break (lol like I really need one) and I will probably start back up on Monday or Tuesday. I'll stick to the first workout cuz I watched the second and it looks so much harder!

from Sugarfoot's chew toy

Lol. Sounds good! I am actually taking a break myself. After I went to the doc I had a sono the next day and found out I have a tumor in my uterus. On the positive side at least I know what's causing the pain but on the other hand I am stuck popping pain pills and will eventually have surgery.

It does seem to be getting a little better tho so I'm hoping when I follow up w/my doc in the next day or so I will be ready to a least start back working out soon so next week sounds like a good starting point!

Sorry to hear about that! It's good that u are staying positive, that's one of the best medicines.

Ihave been doing jm 30day and I'm almost bored so I'm looking for other fun cardio workouts to keep a variety going.
    This gut has got to go!

Who's My Hair?
    3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
    Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
    LUVVV my natural hair!!! :iconbiggrin:
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    I would love to! Having someone to talk to about it will be great. And it will make me feel like I HAVE to do the workout cuz I don't wana come back to the thread lying n saying I did lol.

I'm giving myself a break (lol like I really need one) and I will probably start back up on Monday or Tuesday. I'll stick to the first workout cuz I watched the second and it looks so much harder!

Lol. Sounds good! I am actually taking a break myself. After I went to the doc I had a sono the next day and found out I have a tumor in my uterus. On the positive side at least I know what's causing the pain but on the other hand I am stuck popping pain pills and will eventually have surgery.

It does seem to be getting a little better tho so I'm hoping when I follow up w/my doc in the next day or so I will be ready to a least start back working out soon so next week sounds like a good starting point!

Sorry to hear about that! It's good that u are staying positive, that's one of the best medicines.

Ihave been doing jm 30day and I'm almost bored so I'm looking for other fun cardio workouts to keep a variety going.
    This gut has got to go!

I am trying to stay positive. Lol. I am having to start back a little slower than I originally thought because I am still experiencing some pain and I don't want to get ahead of myself and injure my body more so I'm going to start out just walking for a week to get back into the routine of working out before I do anything more strenuous.

How are things going for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
    Start as slow as you need to! Nothing is worse than injurying yourself when u could've just took ur time.
    Things are good. I did JM for a while but I got bored doing the same video everyday. I tried hip hop abs by Shaun T and it was doing enough. I stopped working out for a while.
    I borrowed Dance off the Inches Latin party pack from my friend and its a lot of fun. It's not hard or strenuous but it gets me sweating. All you do is dance! I'm doing its 30day plan and I'm on day 3. My favorite part is there are 4 dvds and u do a different workout everyday :)
    Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Start as slow as you need to! Nothing is worse than injurying yourself when u could've just took ur time.
    Things are good. I did JM for a while but I got bored doing the same video everyday. I tried hip hop abs by Shaun T and it was doing enough. I stopped working out for a while.
    I borrowed Dance off the Inches Latin party pack from my friend and its a lot of fun. It's not hard or strenuous but it gets me sweating. All you do is dance! I'm doing its 30day plan and I'm on day 3. My favorite part is there are 4 dvds and u do a different workout everyday :)

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been walking (a mile a day so I'm happy) and I'm about to go outside and walk again before I come in and give myself my mother's day pedicure:icon_smile: and do my hair! Are you still enjoying your new dance dvd or have you started switching the 2 workouts up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
    That's great :) I really like the dance dvd a lot. This past week my husband has been home so I haven't been doing "traditional" workouts lol. Tmo I'm going to start working out with one of my friends. My apartment complex has a fitness center so our daughters can play while we get down lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
    Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
  • cocomichiacocomichia Posts: 16Registered Users
    I too am on a mission of changing my lifestyle to be healthier this year. I started with three goals: quit smoking, eat healthier, and make exercise a daily part of my life. At 30, I finally realized I couldn't have my goal to simply "lose weight". If I could accomplish these three goals together, the weight would take care of itself over time.

Four months ago, I quit smoking real tobacco cigarettes. However, I replaced it with an electronic cigarette that still contains nicotine. I do find myself using it less and less over the weeks. Now, I'm only depending on it during breaks at work, and occasionally in the car.

Three months ago, I cut out all sugar and bread/starches from my diet. Now, my diet consists of lots of green veggies, berries, melons, fish, chicken, and the occasional steak when I'm wanting to a treat. ;)

Ahhhh, and now for the exercise!!! This is the part I'm most excited about. I love dancing! My problem has always been that I would get bored "working out". So, this time I decided I'd start out with playing Just Dance on the Wii. FUN!!! I look forward it every night. A few weeks after dancing an hour or so a night, I added in some stationary cycling. I started with only thirty minutes or so, pushing myself a few more minutes every night. I have quite a bit of stress in my life right now, so my mother suggested I do some Pilates to relax at night. Boy, do I love Pilates! Now...my nightly routine consists of 45 minutes playing Just Dance, 30 minutes of Pilates, and one hour of stationary cycling.

The results of my life change? I'm down over forty pounds, about 20 inches, went from wearing a 28W to about a 22W-24W, and most importantly, I feel absolutely fabulous!!!
    Wow. Congrats on the weightloss! You look great btw and your absolutely right. It's more about making those CONSISTENT small changes that ultimately make the biggest difference over time.

I too have a HUGE amount of stress in my life and I'm trying to find ways to get rid of some things while keeping others which still isn't always easy and keeping up with my exercise isn't always on top of my priority list with all of the craziness I have going on but I really need to make it! I am glad that my diet is better (more water, no red meat, limiting pork and junk food, green tea) but my exercise is so so...it will get better tho...baby steps...

event.png

event.png
    I was finally able to exercise today:toothy10:! I feel sooo good! I wanted to get to the gym today but my child wasn't feeling well so a home workout had to be done but it got the job done just the same.

I have been detoxing for 4 days now and I feel pretty good. I don't know how long I'm gonna go w/it I'll just see how my body does/feels and then continue with my healthy eating reggie after. I really feel like posting everyday helps keep me accountable along w/my daily journal entries so I'm definitely gonna get back to posting regularly to help keep me motivated! Hope all is well w/everyone who checks in.

event.png

event.png
    Day 5 of detox. I feel pretty good and I'm down about 7lbs and two inches in my waist from last week so I'm happy. I made it to the gym today and did an hr & a half of cardio and I still feel good and energized.

event.png

event.png
    Day 6... still detoxing and feel good:thumright:. I took a light walk today bc I have class and that's all I have time for but I'm hoping to hit the gym again tomorrow morning for some more cardio!

event.png

event.png
    I lost 6lbs doing nothin lol

Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Hopefully I'll get back to my regular working out. I've been n Chicago most of the month n haven't done much of anything.
    Going to start my Latin party pack dvds back up and waking up early to cook breakfast n workout.
    Little over a month before my bday. I want to lose like 15-20lbs by July 26

Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    I lost 6lbs doing nothin lol

6lbs lost is 6pounds lost! LOL. CONGRATS:toothy8:!
    Hopefully I'll get back to my regular working out. I've been n Chicago most of the month n haven't done much of anything.
    Going to start my Latin party pack dvds back up and waking up early to cook breakfast n workout.
    Little over a month before my bday. I want to lose like 15-20lbs by July 26

I have found that getting up and working out early is beneficial for me as well bc it sets the tone for the day. Once I've already worked out the rest of the day I feel like 'girl you better not do that' LOL. I'm also going to be completely done w/school mid-July and I really want to be done or close to my weight loss goal so I'm even more committed now that its coming up next month!

event.png

event.png
    Day 7...overslept and didn't make it to the gym but I walked a mile so its ok:cheers:! On the positive side of oversleeping and missing the gym, it afforded me more time to prepare for my presentation and midterm tomorrow as well as workout on my schedule so it all worked out! Now I already set the alarm to get up early tomorrow to go to the gym...hopefully I'll make it this time! LOL.

event.png

event.png
    Day 8...didn't oversleep but just didn't feel like getting up when the alarm went off so no exercise today but the detox continues!

event.png

event.png
    Day 9...switched gears a little & started the master cleanse...its not as bad as I remember from before. I'm not sure how long I will do it but I know I'm taking a break on Monday bc I have class/another presentation and cleansing just does not fit into that schedule.

I am down another 3pounds and another half inch from my waist,hips, thighs, & calf. I'm hoping to get in another mile walk this evening once it cools down some and after I complete my midterm/another paper but we'll see how things go!

event.png

event.png
    My first day starting to exercise today. Did most of the Latin party sizzling salsa workout. I feel totally out of shape. Later I'm going to do the total body tone video when my daughter is asleep. Didn't wake up as early as I wanted but that's ok. It's just the first day.

Not really going on a diet but I'm cutting down a lot on pop and juice. That's going to get rid of a whole lot of calories. I'm going to up my water. My weight tended to stay low when I was drinking water everytime I was thirsty instead of juice n stuff. Also I'm alternating between my prenatal vitamins and a b50 vitamin. And also I started taking biotin.

Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    My first day starting to exercise today. Did most of the Latin party sizzling salsa workout. I feel totally out of shape. Later I'm going to do the total body tone video when my daughter is asleep. Didn't wake up as early as I wanted but that's ok. It's just the first day.

Not really going on a diet but I'm cutting down a lot on pop and juice. That's going to get rid of a whole lot of calories. I'm going to up my water. My weight tended to stay low when I was drinking water everytime I was thirsty instead of juice n stuff. Also I'm alternating between my prenatal vitamins and a b50 vitamin. And also I started taking biotin.

ITA ab the soda. I stopped drinking it YEARS ago and my weight remained stable longer (except when I was pregnant of course lol) when I gave it up and although I never had issues w/pimples my complexion seemed clearer when I gave that up and other sweets.

I also swear by my prenatal and biotin combo every morning and my hair and body has thanked me for it. I actually reached APL (don't know the exact date but I straightened my hair last wk & just realized it) & I've NEVER been APL in my life so I'm more than pleased! Just continue to keep up the good work...its that consistent love and care that makes the most difference in our hair as well as our bodies!

So...I'm on day 10 of my journey and day 2 of my master cleanse...my appetite is all but gone...well it was until I just saw that checkers commercial! Lol. No exercise today...:sad10:. I've been working nonstop on my mid-term/papers and just now stopped to break before I start back again...I'm sooo over school work right now but I know its all worth it in the end...

event.png

event.png
    Day 11...started out w/the intention to cleanse...had my green tea bc I didn't feel like mixing up my drink for the MC and I did well until this afternoon when my family decided to order seafood which I haven't had in FOREVER...so today was a fail:pale:...I had oysters, scallops & a salad which tasted awesome but wasn't so great for my detox!

I still went ahead and walked a mile tho:toothy4:! The cleansing/detox continues tomorrow!

event.png

event.png
    Day 12...got up early bc I couldn't sleep and jumped on the scale...it said I gained 1 pound and 2ounces! It was probably water weight/a combo of going off the detox yesterday for seafood:iconbiggrin: but I was pissed so I went outside and exercised (walked a mile) while my child was still asleep and came back in and weighed myself again and the weight was back down! Lol.

So I also took my measurements and I lost another half inch off of my arm and my thigh so I'm pleased and I'm back on my detox today:toothy8:.

event.png

event.png
    Day 13...very busy day (early appointment, multiple school assignments & a presentation) so no exercise...just cleansing today...and I have a migraine:-( ...

event.png

event.png
    Days 14 & 15...made it back to the gym and did an hr & a half of cardio yesterday but only an hr today bc I was running late and the childcare center was closing at a certain time. The cleansing still continues...

event.png

event.png
    Day 16...taking a rest day from exercising but still cleansing and doing a lot of school work... I will be back at the gym tomorrow tho.

I did weigh in/measure today. I'm down 2more pounds and lost btwn a half inch to an inch everywhere (arms, calf, waist & thigh) except my hips (which stayed the same) so again I'm content and will continue pushing on:thumbright:

event.png

event.png
    Day 17...did an hr of cardio today and still cleansing

event.png

event.png
    Days 18 & 19...I unintentionally took a rest day yesterday. We had a bad storm and lost electricity during the night and it was gone for the majority of the day. I had planned to go to the gym on Sat but that was a no go w/no electricity any where and the ground outside was soaked so no outside workout and w/no electricity no dvd, so I rested and played games/puzzles w/my child!

Today I am doing my hair! Lol. I have been soooo busy w/school work and I straightened my hair the other week for the 1st time in 6months but I'm bored of it now and it needed a good DT so today's all about loving my hair. I hope to get up early in the AM to workout tho bc Mon will be a busy day as well. I am still cleansing tho and I took my measurements today. I lost a half inch around my waist and another inch off my hip:love7:.

event.png

event.png
    Days 20-22...I was travelling Monday & Tuesday so exercise and cleansing was a bust bc I was in the car the majority of the time. I did stick to healthy eating both days though. Today I am back to cleansing and I intended to get up early and hit the gym since they were open for limited hours for the holiday but I overslept:angry3:...hopefully I will get up in time tomorrow!

event.png

event.png
    Day 23...I overslept again so I was a little upset that I didn't get in as much time as I wanted in the gym but I still got in an hr of cardio and some 'me time' while my child was at the daycare before they closed so it all worked out:cheers:.

I'm still cleansing, I weighed in and measured today as well. I'm down 3more pounds and lost another half inch off of my calf.

event.png

event.png
    Days 24 & 25...yesterday I did not work out or cleanse...I actually had an unplanned 'cheat day' (icecream & cheesesteak lol) and I still ended up losing a pound:compress:. However today I am cleansing and went to the gym and did an hr of cardio so I'll see what the scale and my measurements say in the am!

event.png

event.png
    Day 26...I was up early bc I couldn't sleep so I went to the gym and did an hr of cardio and added in some ab work w/the kettle ball. When I got home I weighed and measured myself and I was down 3 more pounds for a total of 21 pounds lost so far.

Not really where I wanted to be but I can't complain considering how many 'unplanned cheat days' I've had and 21 pounds lost in this amount of time is great:toothy7: (plus the lady at the nail salon said I looked like I had lost weight yesterday so I'll take it LOL)! I also lost another inch off of my waist and a half inch off of my thigh. Hopefully I will be where I wanna be by August!

event.png

event.png
    Day 27...no working out today...busy schedule just cleansing

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file