Get in Shape for 2012

Comments

• wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have to get back "on the wagon" as well as try to stop thinking of it as a "wagon" you get on or off.

I'm scared to weigh myself :(
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I have to get back "on the wagon" as well as try to stop thinking of it as a "wagon" you get on or off.

I'm scared to weigh myself :(

Same problem here. I am trying to develop the mindset that this is a lifestyle change that I want to make.

Today I registered for my first half-marathon :blob3: This will be by far the farthest I have ever attempted to run, so it will take some dedication on my part. I went jogging yesterday for the first time in about 30 days (eek!) and it was...an experience. I plan to be more committed in 2012.

event.png

event.png
    Jog/walk today. I'm back on the wagon that is not a wagon because if I think of it as a wagon then I will eventually slack off, but nonetheless I worked out...

:toothy5:

event.png

event.png
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Week three of insanity w/ Shaun T & dh. Still digging deeper here.
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Same problem here. I am trying to develop the mindset that this is a lifestyle change that I want to make.

Today I registered for my first half-marathon :blob3: This will be by far the farthest I have ever attempted to run, so it will take some dedication on my part. I went jogging yesterday for the first time in about 30 days (eek!) and it was...an experience. I plan to be more committed in 2012.

That is so awesome! I'm always jealous of people who can run- it looks like it can be very relaxing in its own way.

I'm down a few pounds this week, but I'm not counting it- was sick most of the week with a stomach bug. I was really enjoying seeing the number on the scale drop, though. Tomorrow is one of my long training days :blob5: Three classes between 5-8pm. I can't wait! I feel like a slacker because I did almost no training this past week (my stomach started acting up during my first class Monday, so the only other class I did was the mandatory tournament practice Wednesday- and it was an experience). I bought a couple new pairs of jeans on sale this week, knowing full well that I have another 10-15 pounds to go before I can wear them--incentive!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
    Corrina777 wrote: »

That is so awesome! I'm always jealous of people who can run- it looks like it can be very relaxing in its own way.

I'm down a few pounds this week, but I'm not counting it- was sick most of the week with a stomach bug. I was really enjoying seeing the number on the scale drop, though. Tomorrow is one of my long training days :blob5: Three classes between 5-8pm. I can't wait! I feel like a slacker because I did almost no training this past week (my stomach started acting up during my first class Monday, so the only other class I did was the mandatory tournament practice Wednesday- and it was an experience). I bought a couple new pairs of jeans on sale this week, knowing full well that I have another 10-15 pounds to go before I can wear them--incentive!!

LMAO I do this for jeans, shirts, dresses, skirts...in fact, I bought 2 skirts last fall that I STILL can't fit into. I should probably lose this habit, but I did the same thing for other articles of clothing and when I could fit into them--it was AWESOME.

Did another jog/walk today. Didn't really commit to the food diary, but skinny cow candy was on sale this week so when I have to snack, at least it's only 120 calories. I've also been eating a lot better overall.

event.png

event.png
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Actually, I got my new jeans Monday and was pleasantly surprised- I was able to get the smaller size on and fastened. They weren't comfortable, but they were on, which was more than I expected- so I really probably only have 5-10 pounds to go to be able to wear them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been doing pretty well so far this week. I've been doing some strength training exercises every evening.

Tonight I won't be able to. We're going to my boyfriend's grandparents' house for his grandfather's very belated birthday celebration. They're going to have pizza and Italian cream cake.

I hope I can limit myself to a few slices of pizza and avoid the cake. I know it's not going to be awesome and if I eat it I'll just be ripped that I wasted calories on sub-par cake. I just feel like BF's family is going to nag me if I say don't eat "enough" or say no to the cake.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    sienna40 wrote: »
    Week three of insanity w/ Shaun T & dh. Still digging deeper here.

How's that going? Besides wanting to try insanity out Shaun is kinda cute & has a nice body so I believe that's extra motivation to at least keep the dvd on! Lol.

I do this allll the time! Lol.

LMAO I do this for jeans, shirts, dresses, skirts...in fact, I bought 2 skirts last fall that I STILL can't fit into. I should probably lose this habit, but I did the same thing for other articles of clothing and when I could fit into them--it was AWESOME.

Did another jog/walk today. Didn't really commit to the food diary, but skinny cow candy was on sale this week so when I have to snack, at least it's only 120 calories. I've also been eating a lot better overall.

ITA. Like I stated above I tend to do this, but when you finally get into those clothes it feels incredible!

Actually, I got my new jeans Monday and was pleasantly surprised- I was able to get the smaller size on and fastened. They weren't comfortable, but they were on, which was more than I expected- so I really probably only have 5-10 pounds to go to be able to wear them!

Congrats on getting them on! We have to celebrate even our small successes when we reach them! They will not only be comfortable but loose in no time!

On that note, I have not been able to consistently get in the gym for about 3 weeks now. However I have been carefully watching my food intake. So I weighed myself today and I have lost 30 pounds since July:occasion7:! I am soooo excited bc I have been getting sooo caught up in not being to my goal weight yet that I have been forgetting to celebrate the small successes that I have accomplished along the way and a 30 pound weight loss is no small thing! So I am happy. I just need to get my butt back in the gym 5 days a week like I was doing so I can hit my goal weight before spring!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You will hate him when you do the workout. But he is intense. He's real light hearted. I am starting to see some results but I need to do better
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
    I've lost 7 pounds in the past two weeks. I think most of it has to do with being sick last week, so I'll wait another week to celebrate.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    I'm down a total of 19!
    So I FINALLY made it back to the gym today!:D It's bad but I haven't been in like over a month:cwm10:. Between starting the spring semester and taking on a full load of grad courses and different people in my family being sick its been hectic to say the least.

However I was able to get in an hour of straight cardio today and it felt sooooooooooooo good! It was just a reminder of how great I feel every time I leave the gym and how much it helps me with my stress reduction. I'm hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow and get in some weight training along w/some cardio since I have class this weekend and won't be able to go back again until Monday. I will report back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
    So I made it back to the gym today and I went EXTREMELY early. It was actually nice because the gym was kinda quiet and each machine that I wanted to get on was available when I wanted it.

I decided to hold off on doing weights until I had gotten back into the routine of going to the gym (at least a week I figure) so I just did an hour of cardio today and some ab exercises.

event.png

event.png
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Well I am still jogging/walking 3x a week since I began in January. Have not missed a day. I have lost 15 lbs but I had already lost some weight before I had started working out. I have unofficially lost a pant size. I think what makes me stick to jogging besides desperation is the fact that I am part time at my job. Frees up a lot of time. I ordered The Firm's Thin in 30 I hope to be a true size 16 by the time my bday rolls around

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    Well I am still jogging/walking 3x a week since I began in January. Have not missed a day. I have lost 15 lbs but I had already lost some weight before I had started working out. I have unofficially lost a pant size. I think what makes me stick to jogging besides desperation is the fact that I am part time at my job. Frees up a lot of time. I ordered The Firm's Thin in 30 I hope to be a true size 16 by the time my bday rolls around

Curse you iPhone!!!

Congrats on your consistency as well as your weight loss:occasion7:! No matter the reason as to why your able to stick with it, its great that your still doing it vs not doing anything at all you know? So bravo to that as well!

event.png

event.png
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    gagirl09 wrote: »

Curse you iPhone!!!

Congrats on your consistency as well as your weight loss:occasion7:! No matter the reason as to why your able to stick with it, its great that your still doing it vs not doing anything at all you know? So bravo to that as well!

Thx!!!

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
    I've been super super busy lately and I feel bad admitting it but I haven't even been to the gym consistently since the end of January despite still paying for a membership:(.

I feel even worse since Easter is sooo close and I normally do a cleanse during that time along w/my workout routine. So in the spirit of getting my butt back in gear, I started my cleanse on Sunday and have already dropped 4lbs (yes I know its water weight but its numbers down on the scale none the less which is always a motivator to keep going/continue healthy eating once the cleanse is over) and will continue with it until my body tells me to stop.

I plan on posting each/every other day to keep me motivated/accountable on my journey along w/my exercise reggie which I need to keep light/moderate now since I'm cleansing for the time being.

Hope everyone is doing well in their exercise routines!

event.png

event.png
    So onto day 3. Yesterday was nice so when my son got from school I used that time to take him outside and get my exercise in as well. I probably won't be able to workout today just due to my school schedule but I am still cleansing. Will report back tomorrow!

event.png

event.png
    Still cleansing and will be weighing in again on Sunday. Will report my results back then:thumbright:!

event.png

event.png
    I haven't checked in lately, but I have finally committed to losing weight. I've been working out/eating better for about 3 weeks and I'm down 5 pounds. I'd like to shed about 15 more, so I'm going to try to be much more consistent. Hope everyone is staying motivated :)

event.png

event.png
  • B-Nessa11B-Nessa11 Posts: 1,050Registered Users
    What kind of cleanse are u doing? I need to do one to lose water weight and motivate me to get this baby weight off. I don't like being chubby and having a gut :*/

from Sugarfoot's chew toy
    Who's My Hair?
    3c/4a-b looking stuff lol
    BC- May 16, 2010
    Why I chopped: heat damage/breakage
    Luv'd my permed hair I just didnt take care of it.
    LUVVV my natural hair!!! :iconbiggrin:
    I haven't checked in lately, but I have finally committed to losing weight. I've been working out/eating better for about 3 weeks and I'm down 5 pounds. I'd like to shed about 15 more, so I'm going to try to be much more consistent. Hope everyone is staying motivated :)

Congrats on the weight loss! I find it's not hard getting started but its hard to stay on track and keep going because there's always 'something' that can or will come up. So I'm trying to make my health the priority again to stay on track this time so I'm documenting much of what I do (food diary, measurements, weekly weigh ins...although I might change that) and we'll see how that goes!
    B-Nessa11 wrote: »
    What kind of cleanse are u doing? I need to do one to lose water weight and motivate me to get this baby weight off. I don't like being chubby and having a gut :*/

Lol I hear you. My son is 5 now and I still haven't lost all the weight I gained from the pregnancy so I feel your pain...it has been time to go! I tend to get bored pretty easily with things so I like to mix things up and have options. So I am doing a combo of the Master Cleanse and my own version of a Water/Green Tea Cleanse. The recipe for the Master Cleanse you can get off of the web and for the Water/Green Tea I just consume as much water as I like during the day and I drink a cup of decaf green tea in the am as well as mid day (there's a specific one I use for detoxing). That way on the days that I get tired of the Master Cleanse I can just alternate and go back to the water/green tea and vice versa. I have no complaints thus far.

So for my update...I am still cleansing and I have lost a total of 6lbs this week! Yah. I also took my measurements at the beginning of last week as well as today and I lost a half inch every where except for my arm which stayed the same so I am happy.

I am thinking about only weighing in every other week now instead of weekly just because the scale can be unreliable at times and just going with doing weekly measurements but I will see. I will continue to report back on how my cleansing is going. I am also hoping to go for a walk today if the weather holds up.

event.png

event.png
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    Hi everyone.
    I walked up and down nine flights of stairs at my job, last time I did that my calves were sore for days. I also jogged/walked this Saturday. I'm giving myself a month to show some sort of results.
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

http://members.fotki.com/parislarue/about/
    Despite having been SUPER BUSY and the fact that I haven't been to the gym at all in weeks I have still managed to lose 6 more pounds! At least all the stress I have been experiencing had a silver lining you know. Lol.

Anyway I am back and will be going to the gym on Tuesday. I had to go to the ER today bc I had major pain in my side so I will be resting tomorrow, going to the doc on Monday for a follow up and will start with maybe the treadmill and elliptical on Tuesday to ease back into my workout reggie and eventually back into my cleansing when my body is agreeable.

This weight sooooo needs to be gone by June 1st and that is my goal right now!

event.png

event.png
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    U can do it! Hope ur feeling better. I plan on getting back on the fitness wagon, will go jogging tomorrow.
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

http://members.fotki.com/parislarue/about/
    I started jillian michaels 30day shred a few days ago. I love it. I missed the other day and today but I was still active all day. She really knows how to motivate u during that 20 minutes. This time next month I want to be down to at least 160, I'm around 169-171 now.
    Has anyone else done her workouts b4?

Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    parislarue wrote: »
    U can do it! Hope ur feeling better. I plan on getting back on the fitness wagon, will go jogging tomorrow.

Thanks! I was jogging when I was well into my reggie a few months back and I would LOVE to get back to jogging. There's nothing like that feeling of accomplishment you feel when your done. Especially when you weren't a 'jogger' before!
    I started jillian michaels 30day shred a few days ago. I love it. I missed the other day and today but I was still active all day. She really knows how to motivate u during that 20 minutes. This time next month I want to be down to at least 160, I'm around 169-171 now.
    Has anyone else done her workouts b4?

I have that particular JM workout DVD and another of her workout DVD's and I can agree that I have not gotten a comparable workout to those! That first day I had to stop and take a break because I thought I was gonna die! LOL. However as you know with everything new there's some adjustment to it but it gets easier in time as long as you are consistent with it.

If you want we can be partners and do the DVD together. I of course can't start it until I go to the doc and get a bit more info about what's going on but I'm hoping to get back to my regular workouts on Tuesday!

event.png

event.png
    I would love to! Having someone to talk to about it will be great. And it will make me feel like I HAVE to do the workout cuz I don't wana come back to the thread lying n saying I did lol.

I'm giving myself a break (lol like I really need one) and I will probably start back up on Monday or Tuesday. I'll stick to the first workout cuz I watched the second and it looks so much harder!

Who's My Hair?
    BC- May 16, 2010
    I would love to! Having someone to talk to about it will be great. And it will make me feel like I HAVE to do the workout cuz I don't wana come back to the thread lying n saying I did lol.

I'm giving myself a break (lol like I really need one) and I will probably start back up on Monday or Tuesday. I'll stick to the first workout cuz I watched the second and it looks so much harder!

Lol. Sounds good! I am actually taking a break myself. After I went to the doc I had a sono the next day and found out I have a tumor in my uterus. On the positive side at least I know what's causing the pain but on the other hand I am stuck popping pain pills and will eventually have surgery.

It does seem to be getting a little better tho so I'm hoping when I follow up w/my doc in the next day or so I will be ready to a least start back working out soon so next week sounds like a good starting point!

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file