Curls In RiteAid, Rediscovering AG:Recoil, Winter Routine!!!!

ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
Hello fellow curlies!!!!!!

As always, at some point in my day, I'm thinking about my hair :P....well today I had some questions pop up that I thought you guys would be able to answer:

-First of all: I saw that the brand CURLS is now at Rite Aid :P I always smile when i see mainly CG things in the drugstore cuz it would be amazing if one day we could find all of the stuff at Curlmart in Drugstores :blob3:

on that note, anyone who has tried this, how did you like it??? I'm tempted by their curlgoddess gel... and the fact that it would be so readily avaliable....(PJ flaring up)

-Next: what is your winter routine???? I know there must be a lot of topics on this, but they might be old... I know winter means we need more moisture (?) or i should say "think" instead of "know" lol cuz I need help with that.....

I recently rediscovered AG:Recoil and it gives me awesome results when i top it off with a light layer of gel :love7: good hair day everyday ??? yes please!!!!

But, I don't know if the colder weather will continue to allow my perfect routine...

what changes do you make when winter comes:santa:????

Thanks in Advance curlies!
3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bumping this thread because I'm also very interested in the changes 3A curlies make for winter. I'm surprised there aren't replies yet. Hope we get some input.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    Thanks CurlyPearl!

I'm bummed that no one replied yet :-(

But hopefully someone will see it now:toothy7:
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

• fetusfetus Posts: 100Registered Users
    I think most people generally just do more DTs and less washing during the winter. A lot of people also switch their products around (use heavier, more moisturizing conditioners/stylers than they do in summer), but the products I use work pretty well year-round for me.

I haven't tried CURLS, but there are reviews of those products on CurlMart.
    Sent from my computer
  • maycon55maycon55 Posts: 85Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been watching this thread. I'm really interested in suggestions as well. I unfortunately, cannot offer any suggestions as I am new to this. I was actually contemplating straightening again since I still haven't been able to figure out how to get 2nd day hair and the thought of going outside with wet hair in 40 degree or lower temp is not very appealing.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    2c/3a

Texture: Medium-Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

Poo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean
    Co-Wash:Suave Naturals Waterfall
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, TreSemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, Frizz -Free Volumizing Foam

CG since July 2011 :shock:
    maycon55 wrote: »
    I've been watching this thread. I'm really interested in suggestions as well. I unfortunately, cannot offer any suggestions as I am new to this. I was actually contemplating straightening again since I still haven't been able to figure out how to get 2nd day hair and the thought of going outside with wet hair in 40 degree or lower temp is not very appealing.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App

DON'T!!!!! lol don't go back to straightening :cry:

2nd day hair is VERY elusive, specially to us 3as...and looser curls....

I have been CG for about a year, and I can truly say it's made my hair's life better.... I'm not telling you I HAVENT straightened my hair, but don't do it as a solution!!!! hang in there :P

to the other curlies: thanks for bumping the thread :tongue5:
    just to share SOMETHING lol:

last winter, I was using the Pink Boots curl cream, with some gel on top....fabulous..

currently, i am trying out shea moisture's curl enhancing smoothie, and loving it! with some gel on top too :P

i guess the point is that we neeed more moisture during harsh cold months, and some more formation under the gel..... I will also be revisiting CurKeeper and Blended beauty curl styling lotion which i had good results with....:lovestory:

still waiting on more expert input :smile:

• wendi.wendywendi.wendy Posts: 174Registered Users
    I have yet to see Curls products in any stores near me (not in Target, and we don't have Rite-Aid around here that I know of) but I'm sure I would try them out if I did! :)

My hair is usually curlier in summer, thanks to the humidity (which I love) so in winter I usually use a gel with more hold. I definitely do more DTs and replace one of my low-poo washes with a water wash.

Re-Coil has always been a great winter weather product for me, so I kind of hoard it for winter and don't use it as much in summer. I discovered LA Looks Sport gel this spring/summer and it has worked so well, in combination with so many products -- I have my fingers and toes crossed that it works well in winter too!

My hair likes protein so I try to do extra protein treatments in winter...and I can also use a heavier leave-in with better luck than in summer. Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk has been a great leave-in lately -- lots of moisture, really keeps the frizzies at bay, and a little hold too. I got it at Walgreens when they had their buy one, get one free sale a few months back. Great stuff!
    ~ Wendi in IL
    3a - fine, colored hair w/normal porosity (loves protein!)
    CG since March 2010
    Co-Wash: V05, Suave or Cure Care
    Low Poo: Desert Essence
    Condish: GVP Balm, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening

Leave-In: Cure Care, KCKT
    Styler: SS FHG, Re-Coil, LALSG, BRHG

• zumbagirlzumbagirl Posts: 61Registered Users
    I agree about winter hair. It seems every winter I have to relearn what works. I usually diffuse my hair everyday, because I workout everyday and have to rinse hair and recondition. Since it got colder I noticed my hair has been looking BAD. So today I rinsed and conditioned, plopped and then let dry completely naturally. It is some better, but I really miss the volume that difussing adds. I have thin, fine hair.

So, I am going to continue to condition with WEN and stop with the difusing for a bit. Maybe pull back more days after working out and only rinse/condition/air dry everyother day. BUT Letting it air dry takes forever!!

The positive, is I clean my house while I wait. So cleaner house. HA!
    ZumbaGirl: Yay for cleaner house :blob4: lol

Just a question: are you CG? because I used to love WEN but the price got to be top much and then i discovered its full of 'cones :( , maybe the cones are weighing your hair down?

So to Recap: More DT's, maybe adding a creamy styler to the routine, less clarifiers or low poo's for the winter routine? I can do that :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file