Nyx Eyelash growth enhancer works.

ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I wasn't sure it would, since I bought on the cheap at Ulta, but it does. Sweet!

I'm going to try their eyebrow growth enhancer next, for the sparse spots in my brows.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    pics?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is it kind of like Latrisse? I had a doctor give a month's free sample of that, but I haven't used it yet because what's the point if it takes that long to start seeing results and then the results go away once you've stopped using it? No way am I paying $400 for a month's supply.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Phoenix wrote: »
    pics?

Phoenix.......you know how I hate to be photographed. Besides, you'd need a "before" and I don't have one. :goofy:
    Jill, it is like Latrisse, but lots cheaper. You can also get generic Latrisse from overseas or possibly Canadian pharmacies for far less than the $400 you mentioned.

I'm surprised this stuff worked, frankly. I just thought it would be something fun to try.
  • onome326onome326 Posts: 45Registered Users
    Another one that works well to grow eyelashes is the Physician's Formula eyeliner + serum. I could see results after 1-2 weeks
    The weird thing with the Nyx is that I see it more on one set of lashes than the other, but I'm not sure if that's simply because the one side is paler.

Of course, I could get off my @ss and put on some mascara to check, but.....it's raining, I'm working, and oh, I don't know......aren't the dogs barking somewhere, or something?
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I thought it was a different product they carry. It's this serum:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2225981&productId=xlsImpprod3020013&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80048

I wonder how it would work compared to Latisse or the knock-off I get. Sure would like to be able to skip the shipping charge but it might be a wash (financially) in the long run. Have you found it to be irritating to your eyes at all, ninja? Do you use it at night or morning?
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    i got nix eyebrow kit for my one crazy brow and now my hair is growing but iI doubt it's from the eyebrow kit because I haven't used it in a while because I'm lazy. But somethings making my eyebrow grow!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
    Crazy brow! Ca....razzzy brow!
    eche, it's not irritating. I put it on at night. In the morning, there's a slight amount of goo in the corner of my eye, but as long as I notice it, it's easily wiped away.

It felt a little weird for the first few days, like I'd used a different eye cream or something, but by day four, I couldn't feel it anymore. I would say my eyes are fairly sensitive.

Btw, for some reason, it was marked at $12.99 at my Ulta store. Could have been a mistake; they're brand new and a bit disorganized. I did sign up for an Ulta card, though, and now I get 20% off coupons. That makes it what, about $20?
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nevermind, I looked at ulta.com

It seemed from most of the reviews I read that it seems to lengthen lashes (which I would want), but I also have some areas where I have lost lashes (inside on my left, top eyelid) and I'm kinda looking for something that would stimulate regrowth. I don't know why I've lost lashes there - might be ripping them out when I use my eyelash curler, but I haven't noticed any sticking to it when I use it.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I've been using Silk Naturals eye lash conditioning gel and it works well.
    You can use it on your eyebrows too.

Rogaine works on eyebrows too.

Latisse can be purchased from an online pharmacy. Many use Careprost (generic latisse) from All Day Chemist pharmacy with success.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file