BEFORE
2092919.JPG

AFTER - The Glamorous Look
2092920.JPG

After - Bad*ss...

2092921.JPG
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sorry they're so big!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • curlijennicurlijenni Posts: 27Registered Users
    wow you did an awesome job! great coverage and great lip color for her. She was already adorable but she looks gorgeous!

Sent from my DROID2 using CurlTalk App
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Lovely work! I absolutely LOVE the "badass" shot.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thought the eyes were fan-effing-tastic.

I would have liked a very slightly darker lip in the glamour shot.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    She looks great in all shots. The glamourous shot she looks older, more mature. I love the bad*** shot!
    Thanks, guys!! :)
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Both are awesome, but I love the bada** shot! How'd you do the eyes? Whenever I try to wear black eyeshadow or liner it always seems to look too harsh on me.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
    Do you wear foundation and a "full face" when you're wearing black eye makeup?

I used elf primer, then a creamy concealer as a base. Then I used a black Milani Liquif'eye pencil to line her top and bottom lashes, smudged it out, and packed on Mac Carbon. I worked it into her lashes too then blended out the edges of the e/s with a clean brush.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do wear foundation, but not a "full face." Like I'll put on a tiny bit of blush - like almost the lightest color possible and hardly anything on the brush. And I never wear lipstick so I just lip balm it up. Maybe if I did it more often I could get used to it, but whenever I happen to try it I just think it looks bad. I'll see if I can find a picture from when I did it (I know I did it a couple Halloweens ago...)
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
    IMO heavy black eye makeup needs to be balanced out with a totally "done up" face. The (lip/cheek) colors can be neutral though.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You are very talented! Like everyone else, I really like the 2nd look.

One the first one, the blush seems a little... off? to me. I don't know if it is too close to her eyes, or if there is too much of it, or if the color is just too matchy with the blue/purple eyeshadow. I dunno, I'm probably way off base.

Keep posting these! I like 'em!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    TRBL wrote: »
    You are very talented! Like everyone else, I really like the 2nd look.

One the first one, the blush seems a little... off? to me. I don't know if it is too close to her eyes, or if there is too much of it, or if the color is just too matchy with the blue/purple eyeshadow. I dunno, I'm probably way off base.

Keep posting these! I like 'em!

Love the 2nd look!

To the bolded, I have to agree. I think the blush is too high on her cheekbones, and is a tad bit heavy-handed, even for a glamour shot. Otherwise, I think you do excellent work. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanx guys!! :)
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,224Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I also love the bada*s look and can't quite figure out why I'm not as crazy about the "glamorous" look. Beautiful work though.

Keep 'em coming - I really enjoy seeing the transformations.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You make me want to drive across the state. I want a badass look!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I love them both! You're very good! Her eyebrows look great and natural. What did you use?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I love them both! You're very good! Her eyebrows look great and natural. What did you use?
    I just used a medium brown eyeshadow from my Coastal Scents palette to darken them a bit.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I just used a medium brown eyeshadow from my Coastal Scents palette to darken them a bit.

Thanks! Will have to try it. I'm going to head over to the "Ask Phoenix" thread for some pointers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    great work! was the badass photo touched up? the reason i ask is because she has absolutely no lines. that's something i notice in print ads a lot. your work is good. i agree, the smokey eye needs to be balanced by a full face of makeup, not color but foundation, etc to smooth the skin. also, most people look optimal with a neutral lip to balance a smokey eye so i like your lip selection in the 2nd pic. this is so personal but about how old is your model? i'm just curious.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    Yes the 2nd pic was PSd. She wanted to look paler for an Underworld-type look. She is 24. Thanks!!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file