Beginning of first grow out!!!

jcfrizzlejcfrizzle Registered Users Posts: 90 Curl Neophyte
So I've never been able to stay commited to growing my hair out. I'm going to start today and my journey will last(hopefully!) up to a year or more! My hair is 3c and currently about an inch above my shoulders, my goal is to get my hair at least 4 inches past my shoulders! My hair seems to never grow so I'm making my decision set in stone. Any tips for growing out? Moisture? Trims? Protective styles? Habits?
Love my auburn 3b/3c curls!! Favorite products are Treseme Naturals conditioner and DevaCare ArcAngel(<---miracle for definition!) I really just want to GROW MY HAIR OUT!! It's not really working...

Comments

• JJJungleJimJJJungleJim Registered Users Posts: 60
    Hi JC!

Like you I have 3c hair and am also growing my hair. Mine is currently shoulder-length and I want to grow it well down my back, to my waist if possible.

I also have my hair coloured approximately every 6 - 8 weeks. When Crystal (my magnificent stylist) colours it, she also trims the very ends to remove any split ends.

I believe that trimming the ends every 8 weeks or so helps grow the hair out, because then the splits are removed and they cannot travel futher up the hair shaft and damage the hair or cause frizzies.

Would you like to post pics here and compare our progress? Here's a pic of my hair from about 2 months ago. I have been growing my hair from a very short length for about 2 years now.
    3B/3C hair, very dry
    shoulder-length
    coloured strawberry blonde with lighter blonde and red stripes

"I've had enough. This is my prayer. That I'll die living just as free as my hair."
  • jcfrizzlejcfrizzle Registered Users Posts: 90 Curl Neophyte
    I would love to have a fellow 3c to share updates with! I think I'll probably post a pic every two months for progress and thanks for the trim tip! I needed to know when I should get my trims. By the way does your stylist use scissors or a razor to cut your hair? Ive heard that razors can damage ends but I'm not sure?
    Love my auburn 3b/3c curls!! Favorite products are Treseme Naturals conditioner and DevaCare ArcAngel(<---miracle for definition!) I really just want to GROW MY HAIR OUT!! It's not really working...
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    nice to no that im not the only one :) i have 3c hair as well, and would love to grow my hair mid back length, right now its arm pit length when wet, in the past few months i have noticed hair growth! im a natural girl, in that i m really into using herbs n oils. so ive been experimenting with different herbs n oils to help my hair growth.
    so far ive been using lots of rosemary, in hair rinses and infused EVOO, ive been using marshmallow root as a rinse, juice from ginger roots, ive just discovered pumpkin seed oil as well which i think does help and today ive been reading bout stinging nettle, that one can buy an oil or use it as a rinse, (also great for dandruff!) i think im going to try using nettle, if i cant get the oil or if its to expensive, ill just make a rinse.
    i also want to get avocado oil, coconut oil and nettle oil. thats just wat ive been doing, and cause i HAVE noticed quiet a bit of growth,i would say 2 inches in two months, i must be doing somthing right :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file