CurlTalk

What's a good moisturizer while transitioning?

ohtashohtash Posts: 90Registered Users
Ok. So I'm 4 months post now and I just took out my braids yesterday. I washed, deep conditioned, trimmed, pressed and curl my hair. it feels soooo good. The conditioner really made my hair feel amazing BUT!!! I really need good moisturizer especially for days when I straighten my hair. I have Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter but I can't stand the smell at times. I was looking at her Tui Hair Smoothie, and Mimosa Hair Honey. I was gonna pick up Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercremé but I changed my mind (the sample bottle is $9.99 at Ricky's. are you kidding me?!?! plus I feel like I wouldn't like it...).

So does anyone know of any good moisturizers?

Comments

• beas2beas2 Posts: 46Registered Users
    Hello, try Elasta Qp Mango butter& Olive oil it is like $5 bucks and it does wonders.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
  • ohtashohtash Posts: 90Registered Users
    Thank you! I'll give it a try cuz lord knows I need some moisture.
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    I think I found my HGs this week with 2 Qhemet Biologics products. I use the Burdock Root as a moisturizer and the Amla and olive one as a sealer. My hair has never felt this moisturized. I highly recommend.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • LongTransition8LongTransition8 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I agree witg this!
    beas2 wrote: »
    Hello, try Elasta Qp Mango butter& Olive oil it is like $5 bucks and it does wonders.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App
  • Aerogirl530Aerogirl530 Posts: 135Registered Users
    I loveee the cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair creme, its like 6 bucks ! w/ 16 fl oz.
    I agree witg this!
    beas2 wrote: »

See, I bought it and I feel like I need more moisture. The smells is wonderful. It's just the back that needs the moisture the most. It gets soooo dry really fast and it starts to look bad. When I do bantu knots, I use Shea moisture Curl & Style milk, which is wonderful because I can feel the moisture in my hair. But when I use it as a moisturizer for the back, it doesn't last. If I feel my "kitchen" looks too dry, I put a little Eco styler to smooth it out, which only curls up minutes later. Do you put the QPMango-Olive oil butter when your hair is wet or when it's dry?
    I put it on wet n dry hair

Ok, cuz I put it on when my hair is dry. I'm so used to greasing my scalp (when I was relaxed)and now I'm natural it's like I change all of that. I put some coconut oil and by the time I inhale and exhale I need more in my hair!
    Aww man! Im sry it didn't work out for u
    ohtash wrote: »
    Ok, cuz I put it on when my hair is dry. I'm so used to greasing my scalp (when I was relaxed)and now I'm natural it's like I change all of that. I put some coconut oil and by the time I inhale and exhale I need more in my hair!

• bbunnycurliesbbunnycurlies Posts: 40Registered Users
    Try this Organix Coconut Milk Serum. It works well preventing frizz and breakage.