8yr old 3b/4b hair pt 3

Nicci32Nicci32 Registered Users Posts: 113
Ok haven't been on here for a while but thanks to everyone who gave advice for my daughter's hair I will definitely use it.

Anyway since August my daughter's hair has not really grown and seems to still be breaking. About 2 weeks ago I did a mayo treatment (no egg) and it seemed to stop the breaking for a second but was still dry and weird so I braided it up for those two weeks. This week I did a hot oil treatment and used the shea moisture deep conditioner because it seemed like it was breaking (may have been because she had braids for 2 weeks) and co washed with organix coconut milk condish. Worse thing I could have ever done! Her hair started shedding more! I believe it was because of the shea moisture ( tried it on my hair and it made it dry and weird but her hair type is different so thought I would try it) definitely throwing that crap out! I know it wasn't the hot oil because I do that and the condition wash every time I do her hair and that is fine.

After her hair dried it wasn't shedding as much but it was still coming out so I clipped her ends and that seemed to subside it. Right now she is rocking 4 pony tails until she comes home from school then I'm wetting her hair and putting just the conditioner in as a leave in and sealing it with my shea butter oil mix and braiding. When I get paid I will go on the bee mine website and go for broke. Luscious moisturizer, shampoo and deep conditioner is what I will order and use until I see a change and also sealant. I think her hair can not tolerate protein so I will try this regime and see what happens.

Any other suggestions please feel free, wish me luck and I will keep everyone posted.

Comments

• RingletTeenLoveRingletTeenLove Registered Users Posts: 116
    Hi I'm not a mom :P but I was that child 5 years ago so yea.. my mom used to wet my hair all day so it wasn't dry. Try kinky curly products. Life savers :) and hint you can never over condition hair when I was younger and even now I goto bed with my hair almost soaking in leave In or deep conditioner that I can wash out In the morning

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file