We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

(NOT be racially insensitive!!!) White people hair in need of help!

jcfrizzlejcfrizzle Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I definitely have 3c kinky curls and I think I manage them pretty good(when they are acting nice :wink:). I still need help on moisture though. I deep condition every week and I have a leave in. Should I look into humectants? My hair gets wirey and stringy as the day goes on. Also, has anyone come across a good way to raise the chances of good second day hair. I wake up and I see hair sticking everywhere, frizzed out curls at every angle, and even some formation of dreads!!
Love my auburn 3b/3c curls!! Favorite products are Treseme Naturals conditioner and DevaCare ArcAngel(<---miracle for definition!) I really just want to GROW MY HAIR OUT!! It's not really working...

Comments

• followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    sounds like my hair ... I need to tame the frizz!
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • BrinstarrBrinstarr Posts: 90Registered Users
    Well, you dont need to worry about anything race related. XD Plenty of people of all races end up with 3c hair!

If I were you, I'd ease up on the heavier leave in's. You might be over moisturizing, thus the wirey/stringiness.
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    when i wake up i put same condish through my hair, and wet it a bit, then i scrunch a bit of argan oil through it, i can save any bad hair day to a good one this way :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • maycon55maycon55 Posts: 85Registered Users
    I recently figured out I was protein sensitive. Check your ingredients and try cutting out anything with protein in it. Wheat, keratin, soy, silk, oats, or anything with the word hydrologized. If this works then that might be the problem.

Not everyone is sensitive to all proteins, but once the are cut out you can add one type of protein back to your regime at a time and see which one is the culprit. It may be one, two, or all. HTH

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    2c/3a

Texture: Medium-Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

Poo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean
    Co-Wash:Suave Naturals Waterfall
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, TreSemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, Frizz -Free Volumizing Foam

CG since July 2011 :shock:
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Also try using a satin bonnet at night to help with aiding the second day hair.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    What do you do with your hair at night to begin with? Is it up in a pony tail or braids? That might help you get 2nd day hair. Also if your hair is drying out during the day you may want to refresh with water and some condish/styler, or start off the day with a more moisturizing set of products.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    What everyone just said ... plus sleeping on a satin pillow at night, which may or may not work as an alternative sleeping with a bonnet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file