Does anyone have darkened underarms?

NotsoKinkyNotsoKinky Posts: 53Registered Users
I hate my pits! How can I lighten them with out damaging/ breaking my skin?

Comments

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    UGGGG!! I have the same problem. i exfoliet and moisturize and tis gotten a little lighter but not by much. :sad11:
  • KilajoKilajo Posts: 786Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried vitamin E? I don't have dark pits but I would try it if I did. Forever I struggled with adult acne (not so much anymore though). Anyway whenever I would get a breakout dark marks would result after the breakouts went away. I tried every chemical under the sun with NO success. So as I've started to eat and use more organic and natural foods and products this year I thought I'd give vitamin E a go for the dark marks. After 2 months of using it twice a day, 20 years of dark marks have been wiped away! My face feels like a baby's bum too-very soft and smooth. I've wasted 1000s of dollars over the years when all I needed was a $9.49 bottle of vitamin E oil! It's worth try. Either way best of luck!

On my EVO
  • NotsoKinkyNotsoKinky Posts: 53Registered Users
    @ thelio it'll get better.
    @ kilajo, thanks for the suggestion I will try that. Do you know of anything that I could try directly to my skin?
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There are some "skin brightening" deodorants available. I think Dermadoctor is one brand. You can find them at Sephora and Ulta. They're very expensive. They contain kojic acid, which is a natural skin lightener. And they really do work.

I make my own.

I buy kojic acid as a powder ingredient from Kojic Acid Powder / 1 oz, ($18 for 1 ounce which lasts me years) and add it to those spray bottles of liquid "crystal" deodorant that you can find in most healthfood stores (and many grocery and drug stores too). I add about a teaspoon of the kojic acid powder per bottle. I spray my pits with it each day, and also use regular deodorant over it (because crystal deodorant doesn't work well enough for me as a deodorant). And I have no more problem with dark pits. It takes a long time though...probably 3+ months of regular daily use...to eradicate the problem.
    @ thanks redcatwaves that is extremely helpful. There's a ultra close by me and I will definitely try that.
    Kilajo wrote: »
    Have you tried vitamin E? I don't have dark pits but I would try it if I did. Forever I struggled with adult acne (not so much anymore though). Anyway whenever I would get a breakout dark marks would result after the breakouts went away. I tried every chemical under the sun with NO success. So as I've started to eat and use more organic and natural foods and products this year I thought I'd give vitamin E a go for the dark marks. After 2 months of using it twice a day, 20 years of dark marks have been wiped away! My face feels like a baby's bum too-very soft and smooth. I've wasted 1000s of dollars over the years when all I needed was a $9.49 bottle of vitamin E oil! It's worth try. Either way best of luck!

On my EVO

Where do you get your vitamin e??
    NotsoKinky wrote: »
    @ thelio it'll get better.

I'm working on it. thanks for starting the thread. I never thought to ask my curlies.:toothy3:
    There are some "skin brightening" deodorants available. I think Dermadoctor is one brand. You can find them at Sephora and Ulta. They're very expensive. They contain kojic acid, which is a natural skin lightener. And they really do work.

I make my own.

I buy kojic acid as a powder ingredient from Kojic Acid Powder / 1 oz, ($18 for 1 ounce which lasts me years) and add it to those spray bottles of liquid "crystal" deodorant that you can find in most healthfood stores (and many grocery and drug stores too). I add about a teaspoon of the kojic acid powder per bottle. I spray my pits with it each day, and also use regular deodorant over it (because crystal deodorant doesn't work well enough for me as a deodorant). And I have no more problem with dark pits. It takes a long time though...probably 3+ months of regular daily use...to eradicate the problem.

I make my own deorderant with baking soda, cornstarch and oils. Do you think i could add the acid powder into the recipe? I'm thinking to do this and vitamin e, could boost the lighting power.
    NotsoKinky wrote: »
    @ thanks redcatwaves that is extremely helpful. There's a ultra close by me and I will definitely try that.

If you're buying ready-made, look for Dermadoctor Total NonScents Ultra Gentle Skin Brightening Deodorant. (Be sure it says Skin Brightening, because they have several that are not skin brightening...it has to be the one with kojic in it.) It's about $28.

P73514_hero.jpg
    thelio wrote: »

I make my own.

I make my own deorderant with baking soda, cornstarch and oils. Do you think i could add the acid powder into the recipe? I'm thinking to do this and vitamin e, could boost the lighting power.

I really do not know if kojic acid will remain active if mixed with oils. I'm not an oil user.

Doesn't oil ruin your clothing?
    thelio wrote: »

I make my own.

I really do not know if kojic acid will remain active if mixed with oils. I'm not an oil user.

Doesn't oil ruin your clothing?

Maybe i can try to use it the way you do with the crystal deorderant then apply my regular deorderant.

I mix the deorderant into a kinda smooth pastelike consistency. when i apply it, it absorbs pretty well. no oil stains so far.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file