Confidence Boost, Help Needed

overandoutoverandout Registered Users Posts: 3
Hello everyone I am new here to the forums and I would just like a bit of a confidence booster..I chopped majority of my hair off due to heat damage from excessive flat ironing...I would always read articles saying how after awhile the hair would become damaged...but of course with me being a hard head, I have to now pay the consequences. In all honesty, I was never really confident with wearing my hair curly because it was such a big difference, I would always get compliments stating how good it looked but, I always thought my hair straight was a lot better.

Now I am sitting here behind this computer crying because I don't have the confidence needed for this new haircut. But, all in all I do think that with this haircut it will not only teach me a lesson, but will also change me into a better person..

Does anyone know of any good protective styles while trying to grow the hair out?

Comments

• laticka7laticka7 Registered Users Posts: 198
    It depends on how long your hair is. I was once in your shoes. My BFF and I bott have Curley hair but she kept her straight and I was wondering why she never curled it (now i know it stripped her curls) but I let her convince me into straightening it and it stripped my curls completely. I let It grow out but kept it in a pony till my curls grew to my shoulders and did a big chop. Mostly I wore it down with LA gel with a conditioned base or half up half down.
  • overandoutoverandout Registered Users Posts: 3
    Right now it's in the twa stage. I think I'll put some eco styler gel in it since I can't put it into ponytails or anything and see how it goes from there.
    Wear it in styles that make you feel comfortable I have never had my hair short enough to not put in a pony tail. If you go to hair style on NC I'm sure that it will show som cute short ones.
    4589a9cd-09c4-cf36.jpg

Is it like this
  • overandoutoverandout Registered Users Posts: 3
    Yea! It's like that. I'll look around the pic galleries and see what I can find. But, I do like that mohawk style.
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    you poor thing overandout! i no that feeling, i always hated my hair cause it was so different, and does take awhile to get used to it and be happy enough to wear it out. it does take work, BUT when you do get it right you'll be rewarded with not only beautiful curls, but you'll feel so confident that you'll be wondering y you were so unhappy before. after years of bullying ive finally found peace and am loving my hair, so my advice is this: have fun figuring stuff out, it wont always be like that, it does get easier, look after your hair, be nice to it, and take vitamins this will help in growth. i have never noticed my hair growth before, but now that i take care of it ive finally seen it, and i would say that my hair does now grow rather quickly :) good luck and have fun!
    p.s surround yourself with positive people :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
    overandout wrote: »
    Yea! It's like that. I'll look around the pic galleries and see what I can find. But, I do like that mohawk style.

Play with your hair even though it's not a lot I'm sure you will find a style to fit your personality
    Another thing I noticed about TWA hairstyles they are a lot easier to accessorize
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Registered Users Posts: 255
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    you poor thing overandout! i no that feeling, i always hated my hair cause it was so different, and does take awhile to get used to it and be happy enough to wear it out. it does take work, BUT when you do get it right you'll be rewarded with not only beautiful curls, but you'll feel so confident that you'll be wondering y you were so unhappy before. after years of bullying ive finally found peace and am loving my hair, so my advice is this: have fun figuring stuff out, it wont always be like that, it does get easier, look after your hair, be nice to it, and take vitamins this will help in growth. i have never noticed my hair growth before, but now that i take care of it ive finally seen it, and i would say that my hair does now grow rather quickly :) good luck and have fun!
    p.s surround yourself with positive people :)

Quoted for truth! And if anyone hasn't mentioned yet play around with different hair accessories. I am loving those elastic headbands with flowers attached. Also sparkly barrettes or whatever, there's tons of accessories. I know this journey is hard. I didn't do the big chop but I know I still look funny with the top 4 inches of my hair being kinky curls and the bottom 10 inches being wavy curls lol. Stay motivated and like the woman above said you will be rewarded with beautiful curls, self-acceptance, and confidence in your true self which is freaking priceless!
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file