Dry Curls...?

RingletTeenLoveRingletTeenLove Posts: 116Registered Users
My hair is very dry to begin with but when I wet it and first put gel in it...it looks all frizzy. Not dry but frizzy. So then when I let it air dry it gets Dry and frizzy. What should I do...? I use herbal essences tottally twisted gel or mousse.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App

Comments

• curly lockzcurly lockz Posts: 30Registered Users
    It's possible that your hair doesn't like gel. My hair really doesn't like it, and i've never figured out why. Try putting in some leave in conditioner and/or using a curling creme. If you still use gel try to apply it more to the crown of your head.
    Cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    Detangler: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
    Leave in: Tresemme Naturals nourishing moisture with honey, LA Looks gel

"Life is too short so laugh insanely, love truely, and forgive quickly."

3b/c
    P= low
    T= course
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    yea maybe your hair doesnt like gel, try sealing with an oil to keep that water in and keeping the moisture up.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • shadowofzstatue3shadowofzstatue3 Posts: 16Registered Users
    I often use the herbal essences totally twisted mousse myself! I think i've found that it works well on my hair in the summer...but not as well in the winter...now that the weather is getting colder i would use products that are thicker and more moisturizing. Definitely try using a leave in conditioner along with whatever other product you are using that day though! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file