CurlTalk

Best drugstore products. What are your drugstore staples?

BleachedCurlsBleachedCurls Posts: 56Registered Users
Mine are currently Garnier Triple Nutrition & Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.
currently using:
5,000 MCG Biotin,
VO5 Moisture Milks
Clairol Shimmer Lights Blonde & Silver CO (once every two weeks)
LALSG

fine bleached 2a/3b hair that doesn't actually curl, it's just like an S shape that just gets tighter. sometimes some of it curls underneath though. :happy10:

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Suave Mango Mandarin is my co-wash and leave-in. Love this stuff. I found it when White Rain added cones to what was my HG.

AO Mandarine Magic for hair gel and AOGBP for protein treatments (though these aren't really drug store finds I buy them from drugstore.com. You can also find them at most health food stores).
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    BRHG and Aussie Instant Freeze gels. BRHG can be a little harder to find but I know I've seen it at CVS and Target. AIF is available almost anywhere that sells hair products! BRHG has excellent hold and AIF is my favorite protein and glycerin free gel thus far!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 460Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner for co-washing, and LA Looks Curl Look Gel(which was discontinued). Will likely switch up to the LA Looks Sports Gel which I test-drove and tube of and like.
    I'm considering the Shea Moisture shampoos too for when I need to replace my shampoo that I use from time to time.
  • LahomajayneLahomajayne Posts: 127Registered Users
    I love the Shea Moisture products - I think they will be my go-to products for a long time! They are affordable, really natural, smell wonderful and work well for my hair!
    Super wavy and wurly curly! Fiii,fairly non-porous, inelastic
    Colorado Curly - low dew points & low humidity!
    Organix Cherry Ginseng and DevaCurl low poo/condish
    KCKT leave in, Naturelle Gel
    Joimist or Aussie Sprunch Spray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have KLINGON HAIR :D

My hair likes IAgirls PT!
    I have celiac disease - no wheat please!
  • TeresinaTeresina Posts: 291Registered Users
    I like Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner (I add a little EVOO to it) and HESMU is the only gel with enough hold to ¨glue¨ my hair together in clumps and decrease the volume.
    Teresina
    3b/3c/4a coarse, high porosity
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    For some reason I've always been a Garnier Fructis junkie, even pre-CG, and I STILL love most of their products. I used to love Triple Nutrition but I guess my hair got tired of it. Now I'm pretty much in love with Sleek and Shine :D The reformulated version is wonderful, my hair is SO moisturized and sleek and it's amaaaaziiing. Just might be my HG conditioner.

As for stylers, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean gel is pretty wonderful, I love it! My hair clumps and spirals in a way nothing else can get it to.

And lately I've been using Renpure Organics (the red bottle) as a low-poo, I haven't used it enough to be able to say how great it is or not but at the moment I'm really liking it!
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!