Curly stylist in Westchester, NY?Anyone know of one??

CurlyQ82CurlyQ82 Registered Users Posts: 51
I am in lower Westchester county, NY just north of the city and am looking for a new stylist that handles curly hair well. Not sure if I want to attempt a deva cut or not but would love some input if anyone at all is from the area!

-Kristen

Comments

• SparklyCurlsSparklyCurls Registered Users Posts: 163 Curl Neophyte
    Artease-ta Salon in New Rochelle. It's in the Quaker Ridge Shopping Center - opposite the post office.

Cathy (owner) is Deva cerified and amazing with curly hair as well as other styles. It's a small shop and EVERYONE is great there.

Deva cuts are about $75.

Webpage: Artease-ta Salon - Home

• CurlyQ82CurlyQ82 Registered Users Posts: 51
    Thanks for the info! :toothy7:
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    devachan in white plains is good of course. u can look at the devachan website to see when the senior stylists are going to be there. just went there yesterday. they even have IPADS to use while waiting for your hair to dry!!!!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • CurlyQ82CurlyQ82 Registered Users Posts: 51
    Banjo--I had actually looked into deva in White Plains but the senior colorists sounded a bit out of my budget b/c I need to dye over some highlights back to brunette at this time as well and that would add up. I thought about going to a junior stylist but I was a little weary because i have never had a deva cut and if I'm going to do it, I'd like someone who's an expert. Do you usually get them? I've read some curly girls on this site say they felt they couldn't ever wear a deva cut straight. i wear my curls 90% of the time but I do like the option of doing it straight for an occasion or weekend here and there as well. Thanks for any info :toothy8:
  • BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Registered Users Posts: 99 Curl Connoisseur
    Just wondering where you wound up going to get your hair cut? I also live in lower westchester and am looking for a good curly stylist with reasonable prices.

I may try Artease-ta Salon but was hoping for a second good review
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    i go to ana at devachan and she is very expensive but REALLY great. since i only get my hair cut once a year i figure its ok, and when i colored i did it myself, now ive stopped. i always get deva cuts and never wear my hair straight so i cant say as to whether my hair looks ok straight, but you can tell your stylist u want the flexibility to wear it straight and hopefully they can figure it out...
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Registered Users Posts: 99 Curl Connoisseur
    I just got my haircut at Artease-ta Salon after reading the review on NC.com.

Will never go anywhere else again!

I got a fantastic cut from Cathy. She is a Deva -trained stylist who really understands curly hair. A lot of personal attention - and a great cut.

The staff were all friendly and professional. I have been to Devachan in NYC as well as several salons in Westchester. This was a pleasure. Easy to get to,easy parking, reasonable price ($75 for my chin length hair) -- I am very picky -- and highly recommend this salon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file