Do you Grow or Show?

ShondadiniShondadini Registered Users Posts: 205
On Tuesday I got my hair straighten for the first time in 7 months. I'm in love with it and very happy with my fullness and length. But on the flip side I'm so obsessed with length retention that one of the first things I did was pin it up. I used to think I wanted my hair to grow out so I could rock it. But looking at my actions I'd much rather my hair be away from damage then out for the world to see. So do you grow or show?

Comments

• JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Registered Users Posts: 178
    I just enjoy my hair. I am aiming for waist length, but I wore WNGs when I had the urge, twist outs, and 4 months ago I was a flat ironing queen. Now that I've let go of heat for a long while, I do a lot of twists. I will probably pin up when I start wearing wool for winter.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Registered Users Posts: 193
    I show. I haven't straightened my hair in about a year and a half, but I rock twistouts/braidouts about 90% of the time because they show off more length than my wash and gos. However, I know that winters get pretty harsh in my area so I plan to convert to more of a "grower" over the next few months. Nothing too fancy--probably just a lot of buns.

event.png

event.png
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    Both. I wear my hair out mostly and it still grows, so I'm good. I do think I'll experiment more with PS though.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • ShondadiniShondadini Registered Users Posts: 205
    I ps 98% of the time. I'm always in braided styles or in buns. Lol I think I get to finger happy when my hair is down
  • bbunnycurliesbbunnycurlies Registered Users Posts: 40
    I show my real pretty curlies!! Straightening is a once every 2 month kind of thing. I would be really careful cuz you don't want to ruin curls!! It's up to you though :)
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    i love showing off my curls! now that im finally proud of em, and happy enough to show! though in a few days im going back to the heat, here it doesnt get over 10, n where im going will be over 30, so i think ill be doing messy buns, to keep it off my neck.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • ShondadiniShondadini Registered Users Posts: 205
    I think the cold here plays a huge part and y I like covering my hair. It's sooo dry so now I have a 3/4 wig on until I get my sew in in a week. I know that once may hits I'm gonna wanna c my curls :)))
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Registered Users Posts: 236 Curl Neophyte
    I definitely "show!".
    The last time I saw my hair straight was in January of this year. I wore braidouts and an occasional twistout (cause I was just getting the hang of twisting my hair) until the weather got warm and then I rocked WnGs all summer. Now with the cold weather back in effect, I am wearing twistouts. I don't really PS unless you consider styling my twistout in a giant "Pebbles Flintstone" puff on the top of my hair; that's pretty much the extent of PS for me.
    On a daily basis, I make sure my hair is moisturized and sealed, so I'm not worried about the elements and don't feel my grown has otherwise been affected by always wearing my hair out.
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Registered Users Posts: 717
    I grow. I almost exclusively keep my hair in buns or Dutch braids. I love showing my hair but hardly do it
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file