Halloween Costumes, oops, its a masquerade party

scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
What are you going to be?

I need some ideas. I'm going to a friend's party so I need something super creative and fun.

Any suggestions?

Any past pics you wanna share? ;-)

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I'm going to be a cop. I just ordered it today. Last year I was a roller derby skater. I don't have too much creativity when it comes to Halloween costumes.
    ehLB.jpg
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i think you should go as nicki minaj.
    normal_002.jpg
    normal_001.jpg
    nicki-cosmotalian-cover.jpg
    2_458.jpg
    BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnJEYm54NlA0M2hHd2piMEpyemJXTncAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg
    you're welcome! :thumbup:
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    in college, I dressed up as little Kim, I won a contest with that outfit
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I'm going to be a gypse. i have everything i need right in my closet. some stuff i'm stealing from my sister.
    scrills wrote: »
    in college, I dressed up as little Kim, I won a contest with that outfit

lil kim v2.0 = nicki minaj

this means you must be her this year!
    omg! snooki!!!
    snooki.jpg
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    If I can get a bathtub costume (you know, the one with straps) I'm going as President Taft.

If not, I'm upping the ante on the 'making sexy costumes out of things not sexy' game I play with my roommate and going as sexy Mozart
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    okay scrills, this is my last one:

colombiana
    Colombiana-zoe-saldana.jpg
    ist-zoe-saldana-the-new-pam-grier_gwesa_0.jpg
    Colombiana-Zoe-Saldana-is-killer-9UASJO4-x-large.jpg
    i'd have to charge you for the next one.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I was just thinking this!

I want to wear this dress:

Reiss-Nanette-Dress1.jpg

This hat:

Fascinators.jpg

Wear this ring (which I shamefully already own)

Replica-Ring.jpg

Blow-out my hair and be her...

cn_image.size.lfl-kate-day-two-image.jpg
    ^^^that is such a good idea!!!!
    frau wrote: »
    ^^^that is such a good idea!!!!

I need to find a party to go to!!!!!!
  • HropkeyHropkey Posts: 572Registered Users
    A crayon! My friends and I are making matching dresses out of felt, putting black appliques on it for the crayola logo and lines, and wearing it with black tights and heels.

I was also thinking of going as vitamin water: http://images.google.com/m/search?q=vitamin+water+costume&mshr=9&msbs=&mscq=&mscm=&popt=1&pbx=1&site=images&aq=&oq=vitamin+water+costume&aqi=&fkt=3334&fsdt=13212&cqt=12378&rst=5383&htf=&his=&maction=&csll=&action=&ltoken=c12e42ba#i=2
    Mod CG as of 10/18/08
    Using: Suave Naturals, L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss, LA Looks Sports Gel.
    "We’ll not live like this. They will try to bury us with false manifestos, inscribe us in wars against false enemies but we’ll sing songs about dying from loving the wrong cowboy and gospel; our bodies will burn in effigies of promise. I swear."

-Ibi Kaslik
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Captain's Treasure Women's Costume

The kid is having a pirate par-tay and this will be for that, as well........
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• MoppyTMoppyT Posts: 998Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was all set to be a Toddler in a Tiara, and now my friend announces that his party has a theme, "Is There a Doctor in the House?" hmph.

And I know, without a doubt, that this theme is an excuse for him to dress as Dr. Who. The scarf one. I'm not really fluent in Who, but you know which one I mean.

My backup idea was the Log Lady. That doesn't work either! Moppy smash.
    The best revenge is living well. The second best revenge is fire ants.
  • ThickHairedQTThickHairedQT Posts: 542Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2008-I was a black and purple cat
    2009- I was a police officer and my friend was lil wayne going to prison, dreads, tear drop and all
    2010- I was suppose to be a sexy devil but my a-hole manager added me to the schedule at the last minute (even though I had halloween night off) so I didn't celebrate.
    :(
    This year, I may recycle my devil outfit or be a cowgirl or a native american. All I know is that it has to be sexy. I could wear all 3 if I find 3 halloween parties that weekend. Also, I have always wanted to find a group of people and dress up like mighty morphin power rangers or to be a bowl of fruit. So far no one wants to join.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I really wanted to be little red riding hood this year, but my friend is having her 30th birthday party in Austin that weekend, so no dressing up for me. :(

One of my biggest hits was when I was an 80's prom queen. I ordered an old prom dress on ebay and then added all of the accessories.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Last year I was a go-go dancer. I figured it fit my short hair.

I wore a way too short gold lame' and pink dress with a gild belt, white Nancy Sinatra boots, winged out eyeliner and a pink flower tattoo on my cheek. Wait, I may have a picture...

4846375c-0994-cd6d.jpg

Eh, you can't see my boots.

This year I wanted to do a pink lady, and bf go as a T-Bird, or Morticia and Gomez Addams :)

As of yet, I have no where to go.

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    MoppyT wrote: »
    I was all set to be a Toddler in a Tiara, and now my friend announces that his party has a theme, "Is There a Doctor in the House?" hmph.

And I know, without a doubt, that this theme is an excuse for him to dress as Dr. Who. The scarf one. I'm not really fluent in Who, but you know which one I mean.

My backup idea was the Log Lady. That doesn't work either! Moppy smash.

Ok, so I will deny any knowledge of Toddlers and Tiaras if it ever cones up... But you know how they do "wow wear" and stuff? You could totally be a toddler beauty queen dressed as a nurse or surgeon or something. I'm thinking nurses outfit with knee sox, a tiara over the nurses cap, sash saying "grand supreme toddler pageant" (or something funnier), ridiculous hair and makeup and fake tan, and a pacifier.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    This was from a few years ago...it was really easy, I just had to go to Claire's for a plastic tiara...but it did make me want to wear a tiara all the time.

196156_4682148573_623428573_98549_1585_n.jpg
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Oh, and I'm planning on being Daphne from Scooby Doo this year :-). Last year I was part of a rock band with a sweet pink wig. My favorite costume was probably Batgirl, The TV Version. Typical sexy batgirl costume, but attached to my purse were "action bubbles" saying ZAP! and POW!! on bright colored foam board paper.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
    I love the vitamin water costume. so funny

Frau, i'm not sure I can do nikki minaj. (but I will try to find a pic of me as lil kim and post it)

I've been toying with the idea of a rubics cube or a lego
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I'm going to be the american dream (captain america's daughter), I'll just say he had sex with a black woman if anyone tries to give me **** because she's supposed to be white. :laughing2:
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • cailincailin Posts: 928Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had to go to a pirate themed party eariler this year. I went as "A pirate of the Jersey Shore". I had ed hardy scarf, a vest with studs on it, bedazzled my 'castaway jeans" and put multicolored (pink, purple etc) dreads in my hair.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    scrills wrote: »
    I love the vitamin water costume. so funny

Frau, i'm not sure I can do nikki minaj. (but I will try to find a pic of me as lil kim and post it)

I've been toying with the idea of a rubics cube or a lego

My older brother won a town competition as a rubik's cube and was in the paper when we were kids. My dad made the costume out of cardboard and attached poster pieces so they could spin (just the entire face, not individual colors), and my mom painted it.

The thing I loved so much about Halloween when we were kids was making costumes. I even made my younger brother's disco costume one year (complete with a pair of my platform boots) and an astronaut costume with a lot of silver spray paint and tinfoil.
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe you could go as zombie Amy Winehouse. (Too soon?)

The last few years I've gone as Tech Support. I wear a sari, a bindi, a Dell nametag and a headset.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Ha! I was wondering the same thing about Amy Winehouse. The thought crossed my mind when Frau posted snooki!
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I want to be Sue Sylvester from Glee.

Wear a track suit and insult people allll night.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want to be Sue Sylvester from Glee.

Wear a track suit and insult people allll night.

They had that costume at WalMart. Or iParty....

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I likely won't dress in costume as I'll be 36 wks preg. Here's a costume from 2 years ago, I was a Victorian vampire victim. Little girl saw us trick or treating and said, "I know who you are, Nanny McFee!!". I was crushed.

a6898fcc-f620-3e24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm planning on being Daphne from Scooby Doo this year :-). Last year I was part of a rock band with a sweet pink wig. My favorite costume was probably Batgirl, The TV Version. Typical sexy batgirl costume, but attached to my purse were "action bubbles" saying ZAP! and POW!! on bright colored foam board paper.

I was Velma one year. Not sure about this year yet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file