My favorite stylist in the DC/MD area!

kelciecurlykelciecurly Registered Users Posts: 16
I just got another fabulous haircut from my favorite stylist Gwen at PR at Partners in Tenleytown. I started going there last year, before I was 'cone and sulfate free because I had read on their website that she specializes in curly hair. She is great at perfectly framing the face with long layers, and takes your daily schedule into consideration.

My FAVORITE part about her, is I never feel like I'm not curly enough to be doing the naturally curly thing. My curls have changed and fallen from 3a-b to 2c, and the last time I got my hair cut I went to a Deva certified place in Dupont. It was a decent haircut, but the woman gave me a skeptical look like I wasn't really meant to be there.

Anyway, I told Gwen that I had recently changed to no sulfates/silicones and though she's not Deva certified she knew exactly what I was talking about. She didn't use any sulfates or silicones and cut pieces of my hair dry before she washed and styled it. She's a great stylist for any 2's that sometimes feel out of place at a regular Deva salon, and perfect for curly hair.

Also--cheap. Mine was $40 :)

2c/3a depending on the day and mood of my hair

Normal-Fine hair texture, low elasticity, ?? posterity

Low-poo: Organix Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo
Co-wash: VO5 TT
Leave in: ^^ or Biolage Conditioning Balm
ACV rinses, and Biolage Conditioning Balm for DTs!

Product rotation: Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Lotion, HETMS Mousse and Spray Gel

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file