*Lightest* conditioner for co-washing?

Any recommendations for a really light co-washing product? I ca't get the popular drugstore products (e.g. Suave or VO5) where I live in Europe, but I can get many of the higher-end curl brands online via the UK.

I'm about 2c wavy with fine, thin-ish hair and I low poo - but I'd like to give occasional co-washing a try. Full CG doesn't suit me because of scalp issues. Some of the CG-friendly conditioners I've tried have been way too oily/heavy and cause gross scalp.

I've heard a lot of good things about CJ Daily Fix - any other recs? TIA :icon_smile:

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    i cant help you with your conditioner, but wat kind of scalp problems have you got?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • NirucurlsNirucurls Registered Users Posts: 88
    Try the body shop products.. They are good

Shampoo: TBS Rainforest moisture
    Conditioner:TBS Rainforest moisture
    DT: TBS Rainforest moisture hair butter
    Styling: TBS rainforest moisture conditioner as leave in & rarely Brazil nut define &no frizz
  • missbanjomissbanjo Registered Users Posts: 3,088 Curl Neophyte
    I'm really happy with Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Condish. It's too thick for me to use as a cowash (my thing) so I dilute it with water and it works great. I've read they sell it in Europe but I have no idea personally.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • FormerCurlyFormerCurly Registered Users Posts: 35
    Fmasuhr, I have what I think is a mild case of seb derm - it's not very serious, but my scalp generally does well with frequent washing. I did try CG once but it made my scalp feel very gross and horrible, and exacerbated the patches of eczema.

I'm also a wavy and I've read that many wavies don't do well will full-on CG, especially those with fine hair like me, but I'd like to try a modified CG regime for my hair's benefit...

I'll definitely be trying the sugar scrub, but I think a big part of the problem was that I tried to co-wash with conditioner that was too heavy for that purpose.
  • MidisurfMidisurf Registered Users Posts: 88
    Rainforest is pretty light try the £2 travel bottle. How long did you try full CG?
    - Nate

Co-wash - Boots / Tresemme Naturals
    Condition - Bodyshop Rainforest / Tresemme Naturals
    Style - Holland and Barrett Aloe Vera gel / Garnier Fructis Camouflage gel
  • NirucurlsNirucurls Registered Users Posts: 88
    I agree with midisurf.. It's so light n moisturizing

Shampoo: TBS Rainforest moisture
    Conditioner:TBS Rainforest moisture
    DT: TBS Rainforest moisture hair butter
    Styling: TBS rainforest moisture conditioner as leave in & rarely Brazil nut define &no frizz
  • FormerCurlyFormerCurly Registered Users Posts: 35
    Thanks so much - will definitely try TBS!

I don't remember exactly how long my CG experiment lasted, some weeks I think. I think in the meantime I've got more information and became more educated, so to speak, so I'll give it another go. But I'm not wedded to the idea if it doesn't work out.
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    Fmasuhr, I have what I think is a mild case of seb derm - it's not very serious, but my scalp generally does well with frequent washing. I did try CG once but it made my scalp feel very gross and horrible, and exacerbated the patches of eczema.

Im sorry i took so long to reply, have you tried tea tree oil? i use it in scalp scrubs and deep conditioners, after i use it it leaves my scalp nice n clean. Ive heard that its great for scalp problems as well. try mixing a few drops of tea tree with argan oil and gently message it in your scalp. dont wash it off, just leave it to soak in. argan oil is also great for eczema try using it every night for 2 weeks and see if it does anything. if you dont have argan, try using jojoba ive heard thats also good, but as ive never tried it before, i cant really say anything bout it. :thumbleft:i swear by argan oil and i use that mixture on my boyfriends hair, after just one night his scalp is no longer dry and is healed, due to scrubbing from ichy dandruff cause of sulfate......

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file