CurlTalk

October Hits and Misses

NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
Let's get started...
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture

Comments

• CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Hit
    ~Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-in Conditioner
    Smells delicious, kind of with a hint of spiciness. I just love the scent. It is also very moisturizing. I seal with castor oil and boom goes the dynamite. I can't believe I waited so long to try this stuff
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    Hit:

Anita Grant Monoi de Tahiti (but i'm guessing another could function the same)- Delicious smell+ soft yet strong hair= :tongue7:
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • ladynoemladynoem Posts: 141Registered Users
    Miss:

KMFUMG: used it 2 times and got awfull results: brittle hair and no definition... I don't know what to do with the rest of it...

Hit:

UFDCM: love it so far!! Makes my curls looks looser and it's easier to work with than KCCC. it's good when I want a different look and show off my lenght ^^. Hair so soft <3
    2c-3aiii coarse
    Low porosity, Low elasticity (I think)
    LoPow: , Giovanni TTTT, Curls CC,Redken Cleansin cream
    Cowash: Suave, LiveClean
    RO: GF SS, DE coconut, Dermorganic, Tresemme naturals
    DT: JC WDT, LeKair plus
    LI: KCKT, oils
    Gels\stylers: UFDCM, KCCC,
    Pure PJ!!:blob3::blob6:
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    Talisa3636 wrote: »
    Hit:

Anita Grant Monoi de Tahiti (but i'm guessing another could function the same)- Delicious smell+ soft yet strong hair= :tongue7:

Im patiently waiting to show out on BF so I can haul on this line. Till then Njoi is coming out with a MdT pomade this Wednesday. So....

I'll placate myself with that. LOLOL!!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    ^ its pretty good Nat, its an old pomade shes bringing back.
    HUGE MISS:

Part of my order missing...
    AND

Paying 10.50 for a flat rate shipping box and receiving my products in a thin mailing envelope in filmsy bubble wrap. Cost on the parcel spent? 5.90!!!

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? :cussing:

You live a state away and Im getting this nonsense?? Ok.. you're telling me that my hard earned money doesnt need to be in your hands. I should believe you.

I think I will.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    ^ she doing it like that too??? SMH
  • BellaAmoreBellaAmore Posts: 253Registered Users
    Hit: (Homemade) Raw honey and EVOO hair mask. Soft, shiny, defined curls!, Yes to Carrots Condish, wow! Hair heaven in a bottle, dare I say better than KCKT (and twice as much product for half the KC price) :toothy10:

Hit&Miss: KCKT & KCCC. Some days are better than others, my hair has a love/hate relationship with it at the moment.:boxing::love3:

Miss: butters n bars seemingly lifetime of making me wait for my unrefined shea butter, mango butter & black soap. I ordered Septermber 23,rd and its yet to ship :banghead:, but I see it takes a few days to ship from the date of purchase, but gosh I am impatient. Till then I'm just.. waiting:sad11:
    :wav::wav:
    Hit:

Im patiently waiting to show out on BF so I can haul on this line. Till then Njoi is coming out with a MdT pomade this Wednesday. So....

I'll placate myself with that. LOLOL!!

Monoi Pomade!?!! Lawd my junkism... I grabbed the AG Monoi from Hairoggant. I love that company, great customer service and the sales are pretty good!
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    NYCityKurl wrote: »
    Hit: (Homemade) Raw honey and EVOO hair mask. Soft, shiny, defined curls!, Yes to Carrots Condish, wow! Hair heaven in a bottle, dare I say better than KCKT (and twice as much product for half the KC price) :toothy10:

Hit&Miss: KCKT & KCCC. Some days are better than others, my hair has a love/hate relationship with it at the moment.:boxing::love3:

Miss: butters n bars seemingly lifetime of making me wait for my unrefined shea butter, mango butter & black soap. I ordered Septermber 23,rd and its yet to ship :banghead:, but I see it takes a few days to ship from the date of purchase, but gosh I am impatient. Till then I'm just.. waiting:sad11:

I feel you on the Shipping Miss!!! I remember waiting like 2 months for my Nasaab shea butter and black soap after their yearly summer blowout sale. They added a disclaimer but still lol
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    Hit
    Smells delicious, kind of with a hint of spiciness. I just love the scent. It is also very moisturizing. I seal with castor oil and boom goes the dynamite. I can't believe I waited so long to try this stuff

I was curious about the scent of this, I recently realized its glycerin free and put it in my aveyou cart but couldnt find a scent description..
    you just sold it!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
    I keep checking the website to see if anything changed but nada. I see quite a few people have had issues with the shipping wait, I just hope its worth it in the end.

I feel you on the Shipping Miss!!! I remember waiting like 2 months for my Nasaab shea butter and black soap after their yearly summer blowout sale. They added a disclaimer but still lol
    ^ she doing it like that too??? SMH

Apparently so... I have too many loves to take this crap.

Hit: Garnier Skeek n Shine as a detangler/RO
    Born Organic PHAM, a lil goes a long way so there was a small amt of residue. My twists stayed intact and bouncy. The amt of hold is perfect!

Miss: Hair by Monica Olsen. My hair reminded me that its PS. I had been getting away with using some lately, but clearly the dry rats nest I had to pull into a puff for work told me NO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    Hits:
    My simple regime of Terressential mud wash, CJ Beuticurls Condish, then CJ Smoothing Lotion. Works like a charm every single time.

Homemade flaxseed gel

Miss:
    Not seeing the Blue Ecostyler, then opting for the Wet Line Xtreme gel. Hair was hard as a rock. It did inspire me to make flaxseed gel tho. Now I need to find something to do with that big jar:/
  • DewMakerDewMaker Posts: 156Registered Users
    Miss- Did a honey rinse yesterday. At first it left my hair looking nice and shiny, but then by the end of the day my hair was soo dry :( This and the fact that Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner has always been kinda average on my hair makes me think my hair doesn't like honey.
  • cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    Miss- Did a honey rinse yesterday. At first it left my hair looking nice and shiny, but then by the end of the day my hair was soo dry :( This and the fact that Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose conditioner has always been kinda average on my hair makes me think my hair doesn't like honey.

Not sure where you live, but it's been pretty cool/cold here on the East Coast. Honey is a humectant and it's best not to use in cold weather as much because it can draw OUT moisture.
    curlylcp wrote: »

Not sure where you live, but it's been pretty cool/cold here on the East Coast. Honey is a humectant and it's best not to use in cold weather as much because it can draw OUT moisture.
    Hey! I live in Hokkaido in Japan (the coldest place in Japan). It's not winter yet, but it's been warm on and off. Now that I think about it, it was pretty cold yesterday. Guess that must have been why my hair felt so dry, thanks! =)
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »
    CocoT wrote: »
    Hit

I was curious about the scent of this, I recently realized its glycerin free and put it in my aveyou cart but couldnt find a scent description..
    you just sold it!
    I'm getting a hint of cinnamon. Kind of reminds me of a snickerdoodle. It is very pleasant :)
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Did you use raw honey? I mixed equal parts of EVOO with the raw honey, left it in for about a half hour, and rinsed it out. I was getting a little iffy when it was sitting on my head, but it turned out great. 2nd time I did it ( I believe it was just yesterday), I mixed the honey with grapeseed oil just to see the turn out. Came out about the same, I think I prefer the olive oil though.
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users
    Major mega hit - using my gym's steam room to DC. It helped my conditioner to absorb (maybe like a hair steamer would???) with the added benefit of opening all my pores, detoxifying my skin, and generally just made me feel amazing from head to toe. I'll be doing my DCs there once a week!
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Mega Hit:
    Bobeam Honey and Oats Shampoo Bar
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Hit: FOTE gel. Love it, love it.

Oh sheesh, y'all. 'Tis my phone!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

Did you use raw honey? I mixed equal parts of EVOO with the raw honey, left it in for about a half hour, and rinsed it out. I was getting a little iffy when it was sitting on my head, but it turned out great. 2nd time I did it ( I believe it was just yesterday), I mixed the honey with grapeseed oil just to see the turn out. Came out about the same, I think I prefer the olive oil though.
    Yeh I used raw honey. I mixed it with warm water, poured it on my head and didn't rinse out afterwards. My hair was soo shiny, so I think it's a good method. Just have to wait until summer and hopefully it will be humid enough so my hair doesn't dry out.
  • wurlacurlswurlacurls Posts: 413Registered Users
    HUGE MISS:

AND

Paying 10.50 for a flat rate shipping box and receiving my products in a thin mailing envelope in filmsy bubble wrap. Cost on the parcel spent? 5.90!!!

You live a state away and Im getting this nonsense?? Ok.. you're telling me that my hard earned money doesnt need to be in your hands. I should believe you.

I think I will.

Awww, I hope its not who I think it is. :(

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
  • wurlacurlswurlacurls Posts: 413Registered Users
    I made some drug store purchases while I wait for my Curl Junkie samples to arrive.

Miss: Alba Botanica mango conditioner. Not enough moisture for me.

Hit: Yes to Carrots conditioner.

Huge Hit: Oil rinse with EVOO and Agave mixed together. My hair is so soft, shiny, and bouncy! Love, love, LOVE. (is agave a humectant like honey? If so I may be in trouble when I go out into the cool dry air)

Huge miss: My 2yr old taking a poop in the big boy toilet all by himself while Im in the shower rinsing out the oil. HUGE MISS literally! Poop all over the place.

wurlacurls wrote: »
    S
    HUGE MISS:

AND

I think I will.

I have no idea who it is, but I want to know who it is.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • danyel02danyel02 Posts: 156Registered Users
    Hits
    1. Oyin HH as a rinse-out and deep condish
    2. BEE•U•Ti• FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
    - Left me with soft soft hair.
    3.Oyin Hair Dew (loves it)
    4. Oyin Whipped Shea butter
    - I thought my hari hated shea butter until found this preciosu gem. It likes shea mixed with water and aloe vera!
    5. Shea Moisture C & H milk

Miss
    1. Oyin HH as a leave-in. It made my hair hard. Smooth but hard.
    2. Sheamoisture Anti-breakage mask
    - it did absolutely nothing
    3. Sheamoisture deep treatment mask
    -when my hair dried it was pretty pissed off.
    Type: 4a Fine Texture
    CG since 2008 - Life long natural
    Holy Grails
    Cleanser: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    Leave-ins: Camille Rose Moisture Milk & Almond Jai
    D/T: Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment
    Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Butters: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Bask Condensed Custard
    Oils: Coconut & Grapeseed
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    S
    HUGE MISS:

AND

I think I will.

Wurla-- yes it is.
    NEA- we'll chat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Ninjarette wrote: »
    S

Wurla-- yes it is.
    NEA- we'll chat.

The NC crew informed me. I think folks don't realize that many of their customers are familiar with shipping products. We know what it's supposed to cost...including shipping materials. So you just can't slap anything on a shipping label and expect it to jive.

I'm a product junkie, but I'm not clueless. My brain doesn't go dim, just because I love to buy hair products.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    I wanna be informed too. :(
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo