temporary color help?

christymacchristymac Registered Users Posts: 1
After an ill considered wager I now get to dye my hair a fun bright color. I am thinking a temporary dye. I am cg but realize this will kick me off the wagon for a week or so. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or use to make this as little damaging as possible? Any suggestions for a good dye? Anything I can do ahead of time to protect my hair? Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    All I know is that blondes allegedly have the most difficult time getting brights out of their hair.

I would ask for advice at the shop where you buy the product you plan to use. Or even Google temp dyes. If you're close to your stylist, ask her/him.

Good luck!
  • SusieSuzeSusieSuze Registered Users Posts: 524
    Unless your hair is virgin and darker, I am pretty sure the colour will take forever to disappear, if it ever does. It all depends on the porosity. "Temporary" is never really temporary on damaged or previously coloured or porous hair.

Since curly hair is already porous, you can imagine you may never be able to wash out the 'temporary' colour.

The blonder you are, the more noticeable the results.

Is there any way you can use one of those fun crazy wigs instead?

If not, I'd use a shade red shade that is orange based (not raspberry). Worst case scenario, at least what's left in your hair will look fairly natural instead of being left with a faded pink or blue or green.

good luck!
  • CurleeElenCurleeElen Registered Users Posts: 3
    Theres sprays at places like Walgreens, its like hairspray but it has colors and it washes out in the shower. Just be careful not to get it on your clothes!

Balding hair - blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file