Who uses KinkyCurly in cold weather ?

NubianPrizeNubianPrize Registered Users Posts: 123
I've been using KT & KT since early July with great results.I just love the stuff & get compliments from everyone.The black girls at my school keep asking about what I've done to my hair.I've fallen hard for wash n go hair. Now that fall's here I'm wondering about how to use it in cold weather. Already I can see leaving the house for work with a damp-wet head may not work much longer. I'd considered not wetting it till I got to work but I'm a teacher in a very large ( over 1200 kiddies!) k-6 school & have to pick up classes from the yard in the morning, & there's always the chance of a teacher being absent & I have to cover the class,sudden schedule changes, inclement weather disasters,etc. You get the idea. No time to mess with hair in the bathroom in the morning.

So how many of you use KC in fall & winter ? What's your regimen for handling the MORNING WET HEAD, & keeping it moisturized & soft ? Any really standout products to use under KC? This week I started to see little curl knots/balls forming on the ends & breaking off. I'm thinking it needs more moisture/oil from something heavier & creamy like Qhemet, Carol's Daughter or CURLS . Haven't tried a wash n go with those but I may go back to them for twists as the weather changes & the air gets drier. I tried using OHHB with KC today. I used KT as a partial rinseout,then used OHHB in sections in sections ,followed by KC . It looks OK but there's a bit less definition & some frizz. Guess that also requires a learning curve.When I use KC, I don't manipulate my hair again til it's time to wash it. I just soak it daily with a hand shower, add product if needed, do a "wet dog" shake & go out the door.
Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products

Comments

• DvaAuNaturelDvaAuNaturel Registered Users Posts: 51
    So how many of you use KC in fall & winter ? I use KCCC year round.

What's your regimen for handling the MORNING WET HEAD, & keeping it moisturized & soft ? I let my hair dry a little more befor leaving the house during the colder months, but don't really do much different. Sometimes I blast the heat in the car to help speed up drying time. I have used Jane Carter Nourish & Shine on top of KCCC and my hair is moisturized, soft, and shiny all day.

Any really standout products to use under KC? I have't found anything. When I use KCCC I use it with the KCKT and that's it. I hve been too worried about KCCC not mixing well with other products.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    Me!Me! I use it in cold weather and on and off year round. I think it's the only styler in my stash that does not have glycerin in it. When necessary I diffuse to close to dry or do it at night, sit under the dryer, then spritz and go in the morning.

I have used the following leave ins under it with no problems:
    1. cantu shea butter (I had to let it sit awhile, but I no longer use)
    2. Yes to Cucumbers/Yes to Tomatoes
    3. Yes to Cucumbers leave-in
    4. Shea Moisture Yucca and Aloe Volumizing Conditioner
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I use it year around. My leave in winter are KT with oil and Curl rehab on the ends.

I've also used Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Conditioning Ghee & Curl Junkie Beauticurls leave-in.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Kat718Kat718 Registered Users Posts: 73
    So, I went against my word and bought KCCC about 2 weeks ago. This gel is the BEST!

Now that the weather has gotten colder, I prep my hair at night:

1) I spritz it with a little water
    2) I add Curling Enhancing Smoothie
    3) I shingle with KCCC and seal with either Shea Butter or JC Nourish and Shine pomade
    4) Pineapple method (one pony tail in the front and the other in the back)

In the morning my hair is dry, stretched yet defined. So much easier styling than braiding or twisting at night.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe try Naptural85's modified wash and go. The videos called "Winter Wash and Go". All she has to do is fluff and go in the morning. I would link it but I'm on the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    Maybe try Naptural85's modified wash and go. The videos called "Winter Wash and Go". All she has to do is fluff and go in the morning. I would link it but I'm on the iPad.

I'm loving her wng method except I've been using a LI and a curling gelly for hold.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
  • NubianPrizeNubianPrize Registered Users Posts: 123

I just checked it out & it looks like it might work. She has waaayy more hair than I do & mine's at that awkward stage between "not a twa" and enough hair to really do something with....like those nice fat twists
    Hair type 4 "mystery":dontknow:
    Fine,soft hair with little penspring curls of different sizes. Small patch of wavy hair at center of my nape. Did BC in 2009 after 28yrs of curly perms.
    Products:WEN Fig, KinkyCurly, QhemetBiologics, SheaMoisture, Vatika oil, EVCO, EVOO, WGO, JBCO products

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file