Raw honey & EVOO.

BellaAmoreBellaAmore Registered Users Posts: 253
:blob4: I'm kind of hyped:blob4:

I have really taken interest in using organic or natural products in my hair and skin, and I started with ordering some unrefined shea butter & mango butter, and heck while I was at it, I ordered some black african soap. (still waiting for the products to get here)

But anywhoo, I stopped at the Met Family Health Food Store in my area to pick up some stuff for my hair:
Grapeseed Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Unrefined Coconut Oil
Raw Unrefined Honey

I made a hair mask of equal parts of the raw honey & EVOO, put a plastic baggie on my head while in the shower, let it sit for about 20 mins, rinsed it out, and i love the results. Very soft hair, and my curls grouped together well.

I want to edit this 2 add pics the next time I do it, but right now my phone is off :angry4:, darn bills.

Anyone have any hair recipes they'de like to share??
:wav::wav:

Comments

• JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Registered Users Posts: 178
    I just want to second the awesome effects of olive oil and a humectant. I use agave only because I am trying to use it up. But I'm going to switch to honey when it's done. Can't wait! My hair was a little more tangly than usual, but oh my gosh the SHINE!
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    I use honey and EVOO as my dc every week. Sometimes I add the mixture to banana baby food. that's my favorite dc.:D
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file