Mousse or gel?

Which do you guys say is better for scrunching into your hair before plopping/drying/etc, and why?

So far I'm using Herbal Essences Totally Twisted...and it works okay. I'm curious about other options/opinions. :)
Back to CG after a few years away! :)

CO: Suave Naturals Coconut/Nature's Baby Vanilla Tangerine

Comments

• TwisterTwister Posts: 29Registered Users
    I was using HE totally twisted mousse for my thin,fine hair. Thought it would help with volume, but I was wrong, all it did was give me a halo of frizz that drove me crazy. I stopped using it, went back to gel and yesterday I could actually say I had a good hair day :flower:

3b/corketilli
    And have been spending WAY too much money on products
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,850Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Gels or creams work best for my 3A hair. Mousse is generally too light for me. A lot of Type 2s like mousses.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    HETT Mousse used to be my go-to product before I was CG. Now, I use it only occasionally - and I get NO frizz whenever I use it. ??? Not sure why Twister gets frizz. I use a LOT of it, though.

But... in answer to your question: there isn't an answer to your question, really. I use a lot of different things and different combinations of things all the time. There isn't really any ONE thing that works better than another. There are so many contributing factors: weather, activity, hair properties... all these things contribute to what I choose to use on any particular day. I still love my HETT Mousse. But, it definitely works better with some products under it than others. And I still love my gels (I have MANY) and use them regularly.

...I guess I'm not sure why you're asking. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    Oh - and sometimes (if the weather is especially wet) I use HETT gel OVER my HETT mousse for extra hold. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights