CurlTalk

parenthood (the show)...weekly spoilers

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
anybody watch the show parenthood on nbc? i really like this show. they cover all sorts of topics that families deal with. good stuff. what do y'all think?
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    I love this show..I watched last season as well.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    I watched the first season and really enjoyed it. I keep telling myself that I want to watch all the episodes I've missed so far.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I've been a pretty die-hard fan from the get go. I love the direction the show is going and has gone.

LOVE that Jason Ritter is back! I really really really want him and Lorelei (she'll always be Lorelei to me!) to work out.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I love it too! Did I miss the new season start-up? Crud! I just searched and found episodes for 9/13 -- is that when it started back? If so, at least I can catch up!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    there looks like there's going to be some good stuff this season. i love what a mixture of stuff is going on in the show.

i felt so bad when that girl told the one lady she couldn't adopt her baby. i'm so bad, i don't really know anybody's names....
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    I love Parenthood. It's a very very nice show. I hope it continues to get picked up. I loved season 1 and season 2 is looking good so far. Covers a really wide range of topics on parenting, relationships (love, siblings, parents).

ETA: Curlilocks, you can find episodes of season 2 on hulu.com if you missed some :)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • Ms. Naturally CoilyMs. Naturally Coily Posts: 120Registered Users
    I love this show! I've been watching it from the beginning.
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users
    I want to watch this show from Season 1 and get caught up. I keep hearing how great it is from so many different people!

• KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I've been a pretty die-hard fan from the get go. I love the direction the show is going and has gone.

LOVE that Jason Ritter is back! I really really really want him and Lorelei (she'll always be Lorelei to me!) to work out.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.

Ditto to everything you've said!

I love this show so much even if there are many times I want to smack Haddie and Amber. It's like reading teen novels, I always have to remind myself of their age.
    ^^ hey names i recognize. i'm going to pay attention to the names. that doctor is HOT!! he was on single ladies and i loved him there too.
    coilynapp wrote: »
    I love Parenthood. It's a very very nice show. I hope it continues to get picked up. I loved season 1 and season 2 is looking good so far. Covers a really wide range of topics on parenting, relationships (love, siblings, parents).

ETA: Curlilocks, you can find episodes of season 2 on hulu.com if you missed some :)
    Thanks, I did! Looks like it's actually season 3, there's 3 episodes that I missed. :eek:
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    ^^ hey names i recognize. i'm going to pay attention to the names. that doctor is HOT!! he was on single ladies and i loved him there too.

He was on S7 of Buffy, too. And also smokin' hot.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    coilynapp wrote: »

Thanks, I did! Looks like it's actually season 3, there's 3 episodes that I missed. :eek:

yes, that's right. I'm not sure why I forgot we're on season 3...:lol:
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,682Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love it too. Saw an ad for it last night so it must be starting up again here soon. Good-o, there's been hardly anything on lately worth watching.
    3b in South Australia.
  • steveburnssteveburns Posts: 10Registered Users
    Yeah its pretty awesome!!! its good!!!
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Love this show!!! And yes Haddie and Amber make me wanna yell at the TV

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    Wow, is it really season 3? It's still so good...sometimes season 3 on a show...kind of goes into a little slump.
    i'm enjoying this season!

loving dr. joe. nice that he gave the football tickets to the dad. nice that the dad accepted them. think it's good the dad did communicate that there are certain things he wants to share with his son. i want dr. joe for myself!!

the mom with the new baby is struggling. it must be hard to have a new born, a middle-schooler with aspergers and a high school daughter.

do you think the daughter telling the dad to go away was right? did the boyfriend hear something in the party that made him concerned (i missed a small part)? he seems very concerned about her attachment to ex-hubby and rightly so.

what do you guys think of the show so far?
  • juicyfruitjuicyfruit Posts: 751Registered Users
    the mom with the new baby is struggling. it must be hard to have a new born, a middle-schooler with aspergers and a high school daughter.

Yes, that must be hard. I like how Monica Potter plays her.

I am late to the party, even though I like Lauren Graham and Peter Krause, it took me awhile to get into the show.

Jason Ritter looks like his dad.
    juicyfruit wrote: »
    Yes, that must be hard. I like how Monica Potter plays her.

I am late to the party, even though I like Lauren Graham and Peter Krause, it took me awhile to get into the show.

Jason Ritter looks like his dad.
    Yes, he does. :)

I'm still enjoying the show. I like all the new twists and troubles. And as much as I want to see the ex get cleaned up and change his life, I do think they both need to move on.
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
    I love this show! Been watching since season 1. So well written and actors are great.

I could totally relate to Christina at the party, missing her baby, leaking boob, not feeling attractive and being an emotional mess! I so remember those days! Very accurate! The show is so real. I love it!!!
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • fskatergirlfskatergirl Posts: 244Registered Users
    I love the show as well - it's one of the few shows on TV that is consistently good from week to week. The acting and the story lines seem very realistic and make all of the characters likeable and easy to relate to.
    I love this show! Been watching since season 1. So well written and actors are great.

I could totally relate to Christina at the party, missing her baby, leaking boob, not feeling attractive and being an emotional mess! I so remember those days! Very accurate! The show is so real. I love it!!!

i can't relate to her experience but she's SO believable. i thought she looked great in that dress but i loved that dynamic with her and her hubby.
    What's the age difference supposed to be between Adam (Peter Krause) and Crosby? Sometimes it seems like 5 years and sometimes like more than 10?
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    =
    do you think the daughter telling the dad to go away was right? did the boyfriend hear something in the party that made him concerned (i missed a small part)? he seems very concerned about her attachment to ex-hubby and rightly so.

I really liked the exchange between the daughter and dad. I wasn't expecting that, and was wondering where the story line was going.

I've missed an episode I think so I don't have all the details, but so far so good this season.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    juicyfruit wrote: »
    What's the age difference supposed to be between Adam (Peter Krause) and Crosby? Sometimes it seems like 5 years and sometimes like more than 10?

I don't know but I would guess closer to 10. It seems like Adam and Lorelei?? (can't remember her name) are close in age then there's a gap and then Julia and Crosby are close in age.
    Lorelei was Lauren Graham's name on Gilmore Girls. I think her name is Sarah on Parenthood, and that her character just turned 40.

Yes, I did think Crosby was 10 years or so younger than Adam, but the comments about them running a lemonaide stand together when they were children made me think they were closer together in age.
    it's SO good now. adam can't fire that girl, he could get in trouble for sexual harrassment. he's in a pickle. do y'all think he should have told his wife? crosby said not too. i sort of agree. she's so hurt. then he lied about firing the girl. not many women would be okay with hubby having a girl in the office that he kissed. wow!

okay crosby and joy bryant....steamy. now what? i'm sure she'll want to continue with the dr. but crosby might spill the beans to the dr. to break that up. she might be cool with crosby but not if he tells the dr. they got together. wow!

okay the girl with the baby...ugh about her boyfriend asking them for money!! he doesn't want the baby. what a jerk! i think she's going to have the baby, alone and end up leaving him in a basket on their doorstep or something. poor thing. she's so confused, wants that guy to be a good one but he's a turd!
  • greenjumpergreenjumper Posts: 891Registered Users
    Love this show!

Idk, if spoilers are obvious for this thread but just in case...Spoilers ahead!

I feel so bad for Christina regarding the kiss situation! I understand why she would want Rachel fired. Did anyone see the previews for next weeks episode? She decides to go back to work and Max gets lost in a bad part of town. I bet she going to feel guilty/selfish for leaving home to work as if she could have done something had she "been there".

That's why I love this show! They explore everything about being a parent. Like being torn between staying at home with your kids and having an awesome career. That's a big struggle for a ton of women.

I want Crosby and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) to be together but I could see the writers keeping them apart for a while longer to keep exploring the whole "single/separated parents making it work" storyline. Also, exploring the effects that it has on the children (Jabar) will be interesting as well.

I also feel bad for Julia and Joel. Unfortunately babies are sold like that all the time and the boyfriend could probably easily find some other family desperate to have a child and exploit them. Idk how this will play out. I missed some of the season can they not have another baby or is adoption just something they want to do?
    Glad someone bumped this up. Lauren Graham is underrated. She did a wonderful job with the scenes with her ex (Seth) and his rehab struggles.