question about Shea Moisture Curling Souffle

Hi,
I just picked up this product at Walgreens. I wonder if anyone has used it? Do you use a leave in, curling milk or the other SM styling products, or do you use the gel by itself?

I think I'd have to use a fairly small amount of the gel. It seems pretty concentrated. My hair is 3A and fairly fine textured.

Any opinions or tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sherry

Comments

• curlymochagirlcurlymochagirl Posts: 74Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just picked this up, too. From what I can tell from other reviews, you don't want to use a lot. So far I just used on damp hair over a leave in as a gel to smooth my edges. Good so far. Not sure how it would go on soaking wet hair.
    Still trying to figure it all out.
  • EmbreEmbre Posts: 58Registered Users
    I have 3a, fine curls as well, and have been experimenting with using this product. So far it has worked best mixed with my LI (I mix my curl styling products with my LI for ease of distribution since I have to use them rather sparingly) with my gel of choice on top. Combining with their Curl Enhancing Smoothie worked well for me as well. There have been a lot of reviews claiming its oily and doesn't dry, so I am careful not to use too much, and so far have managed soft shiney curls.
    I have also used it as a finishing product to sotc, it was ok in this capacity and I may go back to experimenting with it, once the weather turns cold, but for the moment I like it better mixed in with my styling product routine.
    Shannon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since Oct 2010
    3a, fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Most frequently used cleansing/conditioning products:
    • BioInfusion Cond. Balm
    • Shea Moisture Restorative Cond.
    • V05 Cond.(moisture milks)
    Most frequently used styling products:
    • Shea Moisture Curl Enhansing Smoothy
    • Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    • Shea Moisture Curling Souflee
    • Curl Keeper
    • Design Essentials Naturals Moisturizing Lotion
    • AG:Recoil
    • CJ CCCL
    HG: None as of yet :-(
  • jazzmaniac08jazzmaniac08 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I love this stuff! Used with the Curl Enhancer, my twist-outs come out really nice. I'm 4a with thick, porous hair. It works about as well as KCCC for me without the (outrageous, admittedly) price.
  • KinkycurleeKinkycurlee Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm 4a, fine, with dense hair and I didn't like it on my hair. I applied the product to wet hair & allowed it to air dry. My hair felt extremely oily & sticky :?

However, I do like the Sheamoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for my kinky hair...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file