Dry scalp problems, please help

Unfortunately I have a dry scalp which seems to return more often lately.

When it's dry my scalp gets a little itchy and there are tiny (very, very small) white 'things' near the roots of my hair. I am 100% sure this is no dandruff (i have had it checked out).

Anyway, what should I do to fix this? It started like 6 months ago and before that I have had no scalp issues whatsoever..

I think the main reason I have scalp problems is because of all the stress I have had (and still have).

I am no curly any more, when these problems started I cropped my hair (something I wanted to try for years) and although I enjoy having it this short, I want to return to curly hair as soon as I have my scalp problems fixed.

What would you advice me? Should I give CO a try? Could this still work even though my hair is this short? Any other tips?

Here is a picture of my hair when everything was still fine:

2011oan.jpg

And my hair now

prisonbreak.jpg

Obviously, that last picture is not me, i could only wish it looks as good on me as it does on him ;)

PS: I am Dutch so please forgive me for any spelling errors.

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    well you havent told us any products that you use, so it could be a product allergy. from cons or sulfates.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • pinkwaterlilypinkwaterlily Posts: 21Registered Users
    I get an itchy scalp with little white flakes in the winter, and a quick rinse with apple cider vinegar every couple of weeks solves the problem for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file