A product that makes curls soft...?

HELP! I need to know products that make my hair soft...
i need to know about any products actually, i just cut my hair off a few hours ago >.<
Please help!
:icescream:

Comments

• NirucurlsNirucurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    Use coconut or olive oil before shampooing.. And after shampooing n conditioning I leave in some of my rainforest moisture conditioner n it makes my hair really soft..

Shampoo: TBS Rainforest moisture
    Conditioner:TBS Rainforest moisture
    DT: TBS Rainforest moisture hair butter
    Styling: TBS rainforest moisture conditioner as leave in & rarely Brazil nut define &no frizz
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    ive been rinsing with marshmallow root, its amazing, not only is it a great detangler, but also makes my hair super touchable soft, and helps with any scalp problems :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • madametjmadametj Posts: 119Registered Users
    Congrats! here are some products that I recommend:

Shampoo: Suave Professionals Shea Butter and Almond
    Conditioner: Aussie Moist (I don't recommend their shampoo)
    Leave in: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (don't use too much! a little goes long way)
    Gel: Learn to make flax seed gel, but until then my favorite gel is Shine Curl Enhancing gel

Drying your hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel and sleeping on a satin pillow case will help reduce frizz.

What technique you use on your hair is just as important as the products you put in it. Even if you find a great product, if you use too much or too little of it or if you dont distribute it evenly throughout your hair, you're not going to get good results. do your research! Welcome is a good place to start for technique and Naptrual85 is a great Youtube channel for styling. Since you said you just cut your hair though I would recommend checking out some Taren916 videos for styling short hair. Kimmaytube has great info on pH balance and protective styling. Good luck!
    Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)
  • SaraidaSaraida Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you girls for the advice! i have the shea butter moisture smoothie but it seems to leave my hair rather odd....does it have something to do that i style my hair when it is completely wet? like is that a bad idea? >.<
    I never dry my hair before i put products in it....yay or nay?
    And what's a good moisturizer?
    And what's marshamallow root? i've never heard of that
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    Saraida wrote: »

i hadnt either before this site, have a bit of a look round there are a few tips on using it. its the root from a herb. they used to use it to sooth sore throats, n mouth problems, so it can be drunken like a tea, but ive been using it as a final rinse. i pour it on my hair after ive squeezed a bit of water out, i try to make sure i get as much of the good stuff as i can in my hair.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,423Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Here's an article we wrote about marshmallow! I hope you'll find it interesting!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    Saraida wrote: »
    Thank you girls for the advice! i have the shea butter moisture smoothie but it seems to leave my hair rather odd....does it have something to do that i style my hair when it is completely wet? like is that a bad idea? >.<
    I never dry my hair before i put products in it....yay or nay?
    And what's a good moisturizer?

Sometimes with the smoothie i use carol's daughter honey hair mimosa after to add a bit more shine and extra help when it's not working by it self. But sometimes it takes a bit for it to just work well alone.

Also Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a nice sealer and moisturizer and a little goes a long way.
    https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file