To the ladies with fades/buzz cuts/caesars...

PennyfrmHeavenPennyfrmHeaven Registered Users Posts: 22
Hi!!!!

This is my very first NC post and I really like it here so far.

I'm wondering which styling products you're using to keep the low cut looking neat and healthy.

I am currently using Sportin' Waves which has worked fine but I want something that's not as thick/sticky.

Do you think raw shea butter would work??

Share your suggestions plssssss
4a fade with the deep waves :)

My personal VLOG

#teamfade

Comments

• happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    I used to use regular old blue magic (but that was years ago). Shea butter might work. I find that it's sticky too though. Have you tried a pomade? Maybe you will like Oyin's burnt sugar pomade. I read others saying the limited edition scent isn't as thick as the burnt sugar if yo want to go lighter.

Sunshine on youtube has a fade. She might have some good advice.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • PennyfrmHeavenPennyfrmHeaven Registered Users Posts: 22
    It's funny you mention Sunshine! Love her channel! But I'm not sure if she and I are the same hair type.

I'm gonna see about getting a sample of the Burnt Sugar Pomade before I dish out the bucks for it. Thanks for responding!

My personal VLOG

#teamfade
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    when i had one, all i used was shea butter. in fact, i still use shea butter lol:alien:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PennyfrmHeavenPennyfrmHeaven Registered Users Posts: 22
    Where are you gals ordering Shea Butter from? Or do you buy it locally?

My personal VLOG

#teamfade
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    i order mine in bulk because i use so much (unrefined, raw). i've tried the bss and have no complaints either.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file