Help please, Deva products seem to take out my color

CurlycarolineCurlycaroline Registered Users Posts: 60
I hope it's okay to post the same plea in two forums..I hope someone can help. I use Robert Craig haircolor--love it, and finally found a curl system that gives me great, bouncy curls--Deva Lo Poo and Condition One. But the Deva products seem to be taking the color right out of my hair! What would do this? Is it the oil? The glycerin? And what can I use to safely boost my curls and keep my color instead? I'm at a loss! I don't want to lose either the curls--or the color!

Thank you,
Caroline

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    It could be the glycerin, which can definitely fade reds.

Here's an article we did about glycerin.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlycarolineCurlycaroline Registered Users Posts: 60
    Thank you so much, Gretchen! I'm not sure what it is. The Robert Craig conditioner (I use their color) has glycerin in it so maybe it's the oils in the Deva? I spent three hours at two beauty shops trying to find something that didn't have glycerin or too much oil--but I so appreciate the help--and this site!
  • CurlyQ82CurlyQ82 Registered Users Posts: 51
    I hope it's okay to post the same plea in two forums..I hope someone can help. I use Robert Craig haircolor--love it, and finally found a curl system that gives me great, bouncy curls--Deva Lo Poo and Condition One. But the Deva products seem to be taking the color right out of my hair! What would do this? Is it the oil? The glycerin? And what can I use to safely boost my curls and keep my color instead? I'm at a loss! I don't want to lose either the curls--or the color!

Thank you,
    Caroline

Caroline are you using the DevaCURL or the DevaCARE line? I just discovered them and have been using the DevaCARE line for about a week b/c they are supposed to help hold color (the difference b/w the two lines as per the website). I recently went back from tons of blonde highlights back to brunette. I did fade a bit but im wondering if thats just par for the course b/c I had all those highlights and a single process somewhere underneath *shrugs* I did read other reviews where some others say the DevaCARE line holds color well so either it doesn't work for you and I or maybe it's something else...Hmmm :happy6: I am using the DevaCARE low poo and their angel gel
  • CurlycarolineCurlycaroline Registered Users Posts: 60
    CurlyQ82 wrote: »

Thank you,
    Caroline

Caroline are you using the DevaCURL or the DevaCARE line? I just discovered them and have been using the DevaCARE line for about a week b/c they are supposed to help hold color (the difference b/w the two lines as per the website). I recently went back from tons of blonde highlights back to brunette. I did fade a bit but im wondering if thats just par for the course b/c I had all those highlights and a single process somewhere underneath *shrugs* I did read other reviews where some others say the DevaCARE line holds color well so either it doesn't work for you and I or maybe it's something else...Hmmm :happy6: I am using the DevaCARE low poo and their angel gel

I WAS using the regular DevaCurl and I just bought the DevaCare. RC told me to wait a week after coloring to use them to let the color set, so I will give it a try again. It is sort of maddening! I think DEVA might come up with their own home care color and if it's as brilliant as the Robert Craig, i'd try it (though I'm so loyal to RC!)
  • CurlyQ82CurlyQ82 Registered Users Posts: 51
    CurlyQ82 wrote: »

Thank you,
    Caroline

I WAS using the regular DevaCurl and I just bought the DevaCare. RC told me to wait a week after coloring to use them to let the color set, so I will give it a try again. It is sort of maddening! I think DEVA might come up with their own home care color and if it's as brilliant as the Robert Craig, i'd try it (though I'm so loyal to RC!)

Oh good you got the devacare--let me know if that holds the color a little better as I am curious now if it just me and my little hair situation or if it is indeed the shampoo. Another curlie on this site had also raved about Robert Craig...i have to use that next time if I am brave enough to do it myself after my hair settles :) Good luck!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I think I answered on your other thread. Yes, wait a week before using the Deva stuff. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file