CurlTalk

Huge Compliment!

My 14-year-old daughter has very slightly wavy hair (personally, I call it straight) but she flat irons frequently. We were at the mall and, on a whim, I asked her if she would like to have her hair professionally straightened. She declined but asked for a PERM. I never thought she'd want hair even remotely like mine. Guess mine isn't as bad as I think it is.....
3B
Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.

Comments

• sonnysonny Posts: 467Registered Users
    that's different to hear.
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
  • KristaRoseKristaRose Posts: 546Registered Users
    I let her get the perm, btw. Longest 45 minutes of my life! She looks great, though. Turns out she has my dream hair. And here I thought she had my dream hair BEFORE the perm.
    3B
    Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Only 45 minutes for a perm?? I thought those things took around 2 hours? I guess they've come a long way since the last perm craze. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    That's great! It's soo nice that Curls are the latest "rage" right now--

we're in style!! FINALLY we've had our day!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    Hi Krista, that's a very good anecdote! I hope you can feel more motivated now to give your hair lots of TLC so daughter is not the only one with the perfect curls. ;)
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)