Hair still wet after 2 days smh! Help!

psbestpsbest Registered Users Posts: 295
Ok, so I hope you guys can help! I know this is the 4a type forum but it seems like this is where most people are. I am a 4c (kinda) and I am just wondering if it is just me or does your hair seem to stay wet for like 2 days after applying gel? I do go over my hair with a blow dryer but I don't know if this is safe????? It's mostly my roots that take forever to dry. It seems like if my hair does not air dry then the next day my hair is matted back down to my scalp. What is a girl to do? Please help!:crybaby:
Just Smile :angel3:

Twitter
:love1:
Google+: psbest28
Youtube: phyllisa28 or psbest28
:love2: :love2:

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Is your hair very dense? How much product do you apply to your hair? My hair takes forever to dry when I use a thick gel like EcoStyler. I normally diffuse my hair on low heat, high speed until it is about 55% dry (unless I just have time to dry it completely). My diffuser has "fingers" that blow air onto my roots, so that they dry more quickly. You can always use a heat protectant if you are worried about heat damage.
  • psbestpsbest Registered Users Posts: 295
    Is your hair very dense? How much product do you apply to your hair? My hair takes forever to dry when I use a thick gel like EcoStyler. I normally diffuse my hair on low heat, high speed until it is about 55% dry (unless I just have time to dry it completely). My diffuser has "fingers" that blow air onto my roots, so that they dry more quickly. You can always use a heat protectant if you are worried about heat damage.

My hair is VERY thick. I apply a little over than average amount of product to my hair to make sure that my ends are fairly covered. Where did you purchase your diffuser and how much?

Twitter
  • no1curlydivano1curlydiva Registered Users Posts: 60 Curl Neophyte
    psbest wrote: »
    Ok, so I hope you guys can help! I know this is the 4a type forum but it seems like this is where most people are. I am a 4c (kinda) and I am just wondering if it is just me or does your hair seem to stay wet for like 2 days after applying gel? I do go over my hair with a blow dryer but I don't know if this is safe????? It's mostly my roots that take forever to dry. It seems like if my hair does not air dry then the next day my hair is matted back down to my scalp. What is a girl to do? Please help!:crybaby:

I presume you are applying the gel after a fresh wash/cowash/cleansing. What works wonders for me is after I cowash, detangle into sections, let it air dry some leaving it damp but not dripping, then apply the gel/product. I have done this for twisting and wash n go's. Hope this helps.
    [FONT=&quot]Last Relaxer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]January 2009;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BC[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: June 2010[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Condish VO5, Sauve[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DC:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Organicals; Henna/Indigo w/Ayurvedic herbs[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]LI: KimmeyTube Mix [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Seal: Any Oil [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I LOVE Oils & Butters ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]My whipped SB w/various oils mix)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Moisturizers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] SMCHCS, B.A.S.K Palm; Camile Rose[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stylers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] UFDCM; EcoBlue [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hair Type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4a/b[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Texture / [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Porosity: Not sure [/FONT]

I presume you are applying the gel after a fresh wash/cowash/cleansing. What works wonders for me is after I cowash, detangle into sections, let it air dry some leaving it damp but not dripping, then apply the gel/product. I have done this for twisting and wash n go's. Hope this helps.

Yes, I do a good cleansing before I do my wash n go's. So you are saying you apply your gel to damp/dry hair? My hair drys fairly fast without the gel ... weird ... my hair would be dry by the time I reached the middle of my head to do the rest ...

Twitter
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

My hair is VERY thick. I apply a little over than average amount of product to my hair to make sure that my ends are fairly covered. Where did you purchase your diffuser and how much?

I have the Revlon Pro Stylist blow dryer. It came with a concentrator nozzle & the diffuser for $19.

70379383-260x260-0-0_Revlon+REVLON+RV+484+Ionic+Ceramic+Pro+Stylist+Pro.jpg

If you want to just purchase a diffuser, you can get one from Sally or a BSS and they range from $4-8 bucks usually.

I have the Revlon Pro Stylist blow dryer. It came with a concentrator nozzle & the diffuser for $19.

70379383-260x260-0-0_Revlon+REVLON+RV+484+Ionic+Ceramic+Pro+Stylist+Pro.jpg

If you want to just purchase a diffuser, you can get one from Sally or a BSS and they range from $4-8 bucks usually.

Thank you for your help!

Twitter
  • maybejadeymaybejadey Registered Users Posts: 198
    What kind of gel are you using? Are you using a gel that has a lot of glycerin? Eco styler has glycerin in the top 5 ingredients. The Shea Moisture gel has agave nectar as one of the top ingredients. Kinky Curly also has agave nectar. These humectants increase your drying time because they're constantly drawing moisture to them. So don't be too heavy-handed. I use S-curl's texturizing gel, and it stays moist for a long time as well. Not good if you're planning on wearing a twistout the next day.
    Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
    :Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

maybejadey wrote: »
    What kind of gel are you using? Are you using a gel that has a lot of glycerin? Eco styler has glycerin in the top 5 ingredients. The Shea Moisture gel has agave nectar as one of the top ingredients. Kinky Curly also has agave nectar. These humectants increase your drying time because they're constantly drawing moisture to them. So don't be too heavy-handed. I use S-curl's texturizing gel, and it stays moist for a long time as well. Not good if you're planning on wearing a twistout the next day.

I have been using donna marie. Just used queen helene and I've also used kinky curly.

Twitter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file