You would think I had learned

CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
:angry2: So ok I decided to give Afroveda another chance.

I ordered on Sept 2, 2011 and didnt read the email correct.

I ordered a Curl Define and a Pur Whipped Gelly, thinking that I would receive 50% off of both items. I dont know why I was thinking the Gelly was a butter. Anyhoo. My order added up to be $31.50. I was hot that I was paying $ 10.25 for some shipping but sucked it up.

Well when I realized I wasnt getting the 50% off the Gelly, I sent an email asking her to take the Gelly off.

I received an email from her stating
Per your request, the PUR Whipped Hair Gelly has been removed from your order, leaving only the Curl Define to be shipped. Your PayPal account is being refunded the amount of $13.50 for the PUR Whipped Gelly. The shipping fee did not change once we removed the item, so I am not sure what the refund for that will be until the label is created. Any shipping refund that may be due will be properly credited to your PayPal account.

Thank you!!

Ok so you see where she said the shipping fee didnt change so ok. That was Sept 12. My order tracking information didnt update. So Sept 19th she replies and says my order shipped and shes sorry my refund didnt go thru , so same day I get the refund of the difference in product but not for the shipping. Ok

so on the 23rd still no response. Ok so my package arrives and the label says shipping was $ 5.34. Umm where the hell is my refund. Yeah, yeahits only $4 and some change but this whole email back and forth for my money is just pissing me off.:angry2:

I sent another reply today which willb e my third reply WITHout any response. Didnt she hire some help with her newfound prices?

Comments

• NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    Thanks for this timely reminder. I ALMOST caved again...today. You saved me.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    Maybe because I already had a bad taste in my mouth and this is just adding to it but im done. Seriously I cant just give my money to this lady anymore.

You should have in place some type of email customer service line or help.
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Ummm....yea. I know her shipping is by weight (or was at least from when I ordered back in the day) so I'm not sure why she would tell you that the shipping rate didn't change.
    Ok so I received an email a little awhile stating that my refund was sent on Friday( wonder why is that?).

If you send a customer a refund shouldnt you email them letting them know a refund was sent?

This would have fixed me from saying anything at all about your company.
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    I'm sorry you went through all of that.

I'm done with AV, I will only buy from her at the World Natural Hair Show. Her shipping costs and times are sickening.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
    And my refund for shipping is still wrong, forget it . I didn't even respond to the last email because it was some crazy nonsense about paypal and her shipping.

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
  • sassywillowsassywillow Registered Users Posts: 829
    I'm sorry you went through all of that.

I'm done with AV, I will only buy from her at the World Natural Hair Show. Her shipping costs and times are sickening.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    I thought I saw on her web site that she has flat rate shipping now?
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I have given companies second chances. However, after reading all that I have about this company I think I will pass. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I think people really need to evaluate what it takes to run a successful business. It's more than the product. Customer service holds just as much weight.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    I'm done...period. I'm not giving her my money online, nor in person. I got too many options, too little time for foolishness, and I don't reward foolish behavior with my hard earned dollars.

Her products are good (when I was using them they were good, but she's changed the formulations since then, so...), but I have managed to do without them, quite successfully. I admit, I do love her Shea Amla whipped butter, and I wanted to try the Cocolatte (sp?). But I'm just not willing to wait as long as I need to wait to get it.

There is NO way it should take as long as it takes to get her products in your hands. She's been in business long enough to hire sufficient help for production. She continues to get away with her way of doing business.

Whenever I get close to giving her another chance (I need to find out why I still wanna give her money), I get pulled back: Long wait times, crummy shipping, no complimentary samples (even with $100+ orders), and slow-to-no responses to email inquiries.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    smh, shes saying that paypal said that my box should be $7.34, ok if so why does my label print out say $5.34 on it?

I dont have time to go back and forth over 2 damn dollars, keep it.

Just sick of this online shopping, its a damn good thing I can use ANYthing on my hair. I choose to buy products online but best believe I DONT need too.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I have given companies second chances. However, after reading all that I have about this company I think I will pass. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I think people really need to evaluate what it takes to run a successful business. It's more than the product. Customer service holds just as much weight.

Yes it does. I was going to give her another chance but I keep reading about ongoing integrity issues with her so I'll pass.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file