Hair changed type!!!helpp!

curlygirly1234curlygirly1234 Posts: 3Registered Users
Ok so my hair was rlly curly like 3b but i just washed it one day and the whole bottom is STRAIGHT and the top is the same curls :( and I didnt do anything except a LONGGG time ago like 3 mos. ago i permed it to get looser curls and the same 3 mos. ago i only died my bangs blonde but thats it and now its just now doing this ! I also have a layered haircut but i dont think this would affect it and it's rlly annoying bc my hair is rlly curly on the top then its flat straight on the bottom :( and plus its wont scrunch for nothing!!! HELPPPP MEEE PLZZ

Comments

• curls7curls7 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hey, well my hair is 3b and over time your hair changes. If you use different tutorials than your hair may be different than usual. That sometimes happens for me. I am always looking for ways to get my hair looser because tight curls are hard curls for me at least. What you could do if it stays permanently like that than dont get another perm and let it natural (NO DIES!!!!!!). You also could scrunch it with gel at the bottom and put it in pigtails over night or something, otherwise I'm guessing it's the texture over time, that is changing and to get it back you shouldnt use any bad products, leave it natural, and no perms.
  • curlyteencurlyteen Posts: 6Registered Users
    Hair changes unfortunately but maybe by luck yours will fix itself. Until I was 5, my hair was all 3b curls but then it straightened out to 2b so I could brush it pretty straight. Then when I got into 5th grade it got curlier again but I continued to wear it straight using a straightener until the end of 8th grade when it changed to its current 3a/3b mix
  • SammySingallySammySingally Posts: 131Registered Users
    As your hair grows the weight makes your curls stretch out. This is a....natural process.
    Also, this just might be a result from the hair dye. I know that anything can happen from some hair dyes and many are negative. It's hard to find a hair dye that's good and will always work with your hair. My advice to you is to stay away from hair dyes entirely.
    Also, the perm just might have caused this. So, look for natural curl loosening things rather than getting a perm.
    Honestly, chemicals only give short-term satisfaction and long-term damage, so, it's best to stay away from them.
    All the best.
    I hope your hair returns back to the state you like.
    Things I use: Olive Oil, Canola oil, rosemary oil, aloe vera gel, shea butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, bananas

Everything I use is 100% natural. I make most of them myself because then I'm sure what's in it and I'm sure nothing's added, it's pure, it's natural.

Things I avoid: Mineral oil (codename: Baby oil), heat (I'm a total, no hair driers, no straighteners, no curling irons, no flat irons, no hot combs...nada), sodium chloride

Growing plan: At least 6 inches longer in a year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file