Tyra should be ashamed....

moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Registered Users Posts: 403
I saw this on long hair care forum, natural hair care tips from Tyra's type-f channel. :disgust: This lady has virtually no edges and her hair is so dry. I don't know whether to laugh:laughing1: or cry:crybaby:. The whole series is quite comedic, though. :sad3:
Afro Hair Tips : How to Blow Out an Afro - YouTube :laughing5:
"Hair styles"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EljppSV7Az8&feature=related
Whoop whoop! :hello1:
imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick

Comments

• A. LoveA. Love Registered Users Posts: 519
    I just watched how to comb down an afro. Didn't know it was by Tyra, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm also disturbed that this woman is a licensed stylist. I'm guessing (and hoping) she doesn't actually work with natural hair.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    I'm not sure what you mean by her having no edges. I see edges. Some people have fine hair and very soft edges. I do. Not everyone's hairline is the same nor is it uniform all around :dontknow:
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • ttlollattlolla Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    She clearly doesn't use YouTube , I had a frown on my face watching the 3 videos I watched . I don't know how much Tyra would be involved in a project like this TBH.
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Registered Users Posts: 1,913
    There was one video where she was pulling her hair up, and you could clearly see that her hairline had damage. You could see where it was supposed to be.

On the phone! Sorry for teh errerz.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• tbabyytbabyy Registered Users Posts: 570
    ttlolla wrote: »
    She clearly doesn't use YouTube , I had a frown on my face watching the 3 videos I watched . I don't know how much Tyra would be involved in a project like this TBH.

Yea, I know right. But she really should be because this is a hot mess. Like seriously? I mean did they not analyze this woman before they decided to put her on this website and on youtube...smh
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Registered Users Posts: 2,320 Curl Neophyte
    Are we supposed to be taking this seriously? Her hair looks hella dry and tangled. Looks like she just took out her weave and turned on the camera. I'm pretty sure I can see lint in the back of her head in that style video. I'm not surprised if tyra is behind this, though. She stays on some bull.

Her edges look okay to me, though.
    Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Registered Users Posts: 439
    I dont really care for her videos, and her styles are getting one hell ova side eye, but this quote tickled me

[QUOTE=
    Please shave your head and start over. Your hair looks so brittle and dry as if water sees it and runs the opposite direction. And again with the brush....look at all the hair in the brush....no wonder you have no edges. Please take this crap down!
    [/QUOTE]
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
    Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
    I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
    Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
    Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
    Inspired by Keenylicious
    I swear the things that catch on in our society...
    never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Registered Users Posts: 1,913
    I wasn't sure if it was lint, or little tufts of hair that were falling off.

Her poses though....LOL

On the phone! Sorry for teh errerz.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• Kat718Kat718 Registered Users Posts: 73
    This is bad...this is really bad
    Her edges look really damaged in this video Caring for Natural Hair : How to Tame Your Hair in Humid Conditions - YouTube
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    geez, i just watched her, how many rules did she just break?? that leave in is prob full of cones!

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
    Kat718 wrote: »
    Her edges look really damaged in this video Caring for Natural Hair : How to Tame Your Hair in Humid Conditions - YouTube

well... her hair looks less dry in that video. LOL at that quarter sized drop of leave in though.

• Ogo'mOgo'm Registered Users Posts: 242
    It looks like a parody. I don't think it is real. I hope it is not real.
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    Glycerin to repel moisture in a humid environment? Hmmmm...

It's so funny how she messes up but just keeps going. Is it that difficult to do another take?
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Registered Users Posts: 755
    Fmasuhr wrote: »
    geez, i just watched her, how many rules did she just break?? that leave in is prob full of cones!

Lol I didn't know you had to follow "rules" when it comes to your hair care. I know from experience some "all natural" hair products don't work for everybody's hair type. For example KCCC, it didn't do anything for my hair. Some of the products I use has cones and sulfates and my hair if perfectly fine. I also use some natural products too. But none the less, like with anything else what works for you hair doesn't always work for the next person. Like your hair may love cone-free products while my hair may love products with cones and sulfates, therefore you can't be biased to what people use in their hair.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    Videos like this are harmful, they do nothing to promote natural hair!. You can look at her hair and see shes doesn't know whats she doing.

Tyra should be ashamed, Curlynikki was on her show, looking 10x better than the woman in the video, she should know better
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    There was one video she did where it was how to curl your hair with less product. She used a curling iron and said that you need to use higher heat because you're using less product, and to leave the iron on your hair for SIXTY seconds to get the curl you want. Regardless of whether you think she has edges or not, that's just damaging and misinformed.
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Banned Users Posts: 1,114 Curl Neophyte
    This has got2b a joke because her hair is a boiling hot, steaming mess!!!!
    Kat718 wrote: »
    Ok. I see it now. The first videos posted, I couldn't make it out all I could see was the middle front, not the temples. GAH. Not good

also, please show me a person with type 4b/b hair that uses a quarter size amount of product (a leave in) on their whole head?????!!!!!
    There was one video she did where it was how to curl your hair with less product. She used a curling iron and said that you need to use higher heat because you're using less product, and to leave the iron on your hair for SIXTY seconds to get the curl you want. Regardless of whether you think she has edges or not, that's just damaging and misinformed.
    :shock:
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Registered Users Posts: 99
    No no no no...ow my head hurts.....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
    coilynapp wrote: »
    :shock:

Exactly. It was difficult for me to keep my dinner down.

How to Curl Hair Using Less Product | typeF.com
    I like how in her demos she actually doesn't do anything to her hair :rolleyes:

Like in the curling one, she doesn't actually curl he hair. She doesn't apply any leave in when she says "Use a dime size" she just pretends she's pouring out, emulsifying in hand and applying, but she's applying nothing.

her hair looks the same in all the videos :lol:

plus she's coming her hair with a small tooth comb

Her hair line in these videos is not the worst of the problem....
    did you guys watch the other non natural hair video, though?! This channel is one big joke. That, or a publicity stunt. I caint
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Registered Users Posts: 418
    All I can say about that is just wow! I am so glad I don't depend on "Tyra" for good advice. Oh my goodness, that is a hot mess!
  • damsel_flydamsel_fly Registered Users Posts: 457
    I looked at a few of the videos for "african-american" ... O.O The videos seem to be more of a what NOT to do to your hair.

The wave hairstyle video was funny. Who under the age of 50 would want their hair styled like that?

These videos are an embarrassment. Mizani ... hmmm.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    This can't be real.

That fake "emulsifying leave in" mess? LOL

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    that girl withe the blond lacefront, though...

• NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Registered Users Posts: 99
    This is sooo sad u guys.....I think she's reading cue cards. And her edges looked like shaved them....sooo sad

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • Ogo'mOgo'm Registered Users Posts: 242
    This is obviously for humor. She even seems like she is holding in laughter. Well, it seems to be working as they are getting a lot of views from the outrage.
    ogoma wrote: »
    This is obviously for humor. She even seems like she is holding in laughter. Well, it seems to be working as they are getting a lot of views from the outrage.

Well, the way her hair looks is no laughing matter.

I'm on a boat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file