I'm gonna dye my hair blue:)

JaydaJayda Registered Users Posts: 2
I need thought and suggestions to keep my curl pattern normal and my hair healthy... Please and Thanks a bunch. Something that is simple to find please :)

Comments

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    Jayda wrote: »
    I need thought and suggestions to keep my curl pattern normal and my hair healthy... Please and Thanks a bunch. Something that is simple to find please :)

are you dyeing it blue, or trying to remove yellow from your hair? what color is your hair naturally?

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • SusieSuzeSusieSuze Registered Users Posts: 524
    To get real blue hair you'll likely have to bleach your hair right to a very light blonde. This is likely going to be very damaging, depending on how dark you are to start with. The darker, the more damage to get you up that light.

Then you need to deposit the blue over it. More chemicals.

If you have super short hair, it can be super fun and funky.... but with longer hair, ESPECIALLY curly hair, you will likely not be too happy with the results.

Curly hair is very easily damaged by bleach and permanent colour.

Maybe your hair is light enough to just use a temporary colour over it and get fun results-- you won't get perfect blue, but it might look great anyway.

good luck!
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, to do a true blue color, like Katy Perry had, you would have to bleach it first, and then use an extreme or manic panic color over it. The blue will fade fairly quick, so maybe keep extra on hand to do touch up treatments.

Also, the bleaching will damage your hair, and it will get quite dry on the ends after awhile. You should do protein treatments twice a month and deep moisture treatments probably weekly. Adding oil for moisture will work nicely, but it will fade the color faster.

Another option is a 'blue black' but the blue fades out of that pretty quickly and you end up w just black.

Hope that info helps! Good luck!

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
    Im going extreme red,almost a rhianna type color.I started with dyed blue black hair.Just lightened last night doing a bleach wash (you mix powder bleach/developer/shampoo) ive used all types of lighteners before and this was less damaging than plain bleaching plus for thick hair like mine,the shampoo helps to more evenly distribute the bleach. Going to do the red tonight! Hope your blue comes out great :)
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    Im going extreme red,almost a rhianna type color.I started with dyed blue black hair.Just lightened last night doing a bleach wash (you mix powder bleach/developer/shampoo) ive used all types of lighteners before and this was less damaging than plain bleaching plus for thick hair like mine,the shampoo helps to more evenly distribute the bleach. Going to do the red tonight! Hope your blue comes out great :)

+1 I just went red and I love it! I bleached and then used manic panic vamp red over it. Good luck with your blue :)

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file