color and transitioning....

DarkFoxxDarkFoxx Posts: 5Registered Users
:angel12:hello everyone
have some issues that need a lot of tissues
im going 2 months strong with my own transition but my hair is red not as in red head brunette as in fire red.

i just wanted to know what to do about it i want to keep my red hair but i feel like i wanna relax but i cant since it is bleached under the rinse of red and im trying to do a transition. can anyone tell me something that would help losen my tight curls.
My hair sometime grows in a spirl so it a little hard to tell but i do know that my hair is a 4c so its kinda tight im going slow with my transition and now i have 3 inches of relaxed hair 2 to 3 inches of natural hair ( yea it short) used to have a Mohawk but got tired of my boss picking at me(on a funny tip not meanly)lol :love2:
but help a sis i just want to get back to my long hair day but just with natural hair instead of processed hair.... if needed i will post a picture to show where im at in my transition
thanks in advance

Comments

• hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    DarkFoxx wrote: »
    :angel12:hello everyone
    have some issues that need a lot of tissues
    im going 2 months strong with my own transition but my hair is red not as in red head brunette as in fire red.

i just wanted to know what to do about it i want to keep my red hair but i feel like i wanna relax but i cant since it is bleached under the rinse of red and im trying to do a transition. can anyone tell me something that would help losen my tight curls.
    My hair sometime grows in a spirl so it a little hard to tell but i do know that my hair is a 4c so its kinda tight im going slow with my transition and now i have 3 inches of relaxed hair 2 to 3 inches of natural hair ( yea it short) used to have a Mohawk but got tired of my boss picking at me(on a funny tip not meanly)lol :love2:
    but help a sis i just want to get back to my long hair day but just with natural hair instead of processed hair.... if needed i will post a picture to show where im at in my transition
    thanks in advance

I hear Henna loosens your curl pattern, growing your natural hair beyond shoulder length loosens your curl pattern, and sometimes color loosens your curl pattern as well. I wouldn't advise you to color your hair while transitioning it can cause your curl pattern to change and that just adds on another layer of different texture of hair to work with. I suggest doing rinses they're easier on the hair.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    I personally am not against coloring while transitioning. Yes, it can loosen curl pattern, however I don't mind...Ive been transitioning for 13 months and have colored about every 6-8 weeks the entire time...my hair is a light bronze. I will say that if you do choose to color, be very careful with the products that you use and keep it moisturized!
  • DarkFoxxDarkFoxx Posts: 5Registered Users
    but here it the question can i use the henna and color like i said my hair is bleach and then a red rinse is on top and how would i keep it moisturized if i have henna in it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file