needing kind words

crazycurlychickcrazycurlychick Posts: 344Registered Users
ok I am depressed about not being a straighty i rarely see a curly anywhere i am starting to wish i had straight hair.
:angel9:rockin the curls God gave me.

Routine!
Shampoo n/a
Conditioner Vo5 Moisture Milks
Leave in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair :wav:

Comments

• oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    well, why would you want to look like everyone else? :) curly hair is unique! it makes you stand out, and if you rock it with confidence you'll be turning heads faster than any straighty. well-taken-care-of curly hair looks beautiful, everyone is always jealous of it. :)
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • crazycurlychickcrazycurlychick Posts: 344Registered Users
    Idk why I want to look like everyone else but I would rather blend in than stick out with my curls

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
    Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair :wav:
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    I know what you mean. I can feel that way too. But the way I like to look at it is that I'm different then the others, even if my hair isnt frizz free. I think it fits my personality. And thats why I like it. :D I get compliments when my hair is curly...but not when it's straight.
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
    I got a compliment from a guy I kinda like about my hair when it was straight but when it's curly he just stares and looks upset.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
  • NaturalOutlawNaturalOutlaw Posts: 10Registered Users
    I know just how you feel!! I've been feeling the same way I'm sooo ready to go and buy some creamy crack (relaxer).. but I just remember how far I've come from my hair fallin out and breaking off. To hair that thick and healthy like its suppose to be.. just dnt give up hun!

Evo Shift 4g
    thanks. I've never relaxed my hair but I straightened it everyday for awhile even though my friend told me it was fried.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    If someone doesn't like you just because your hair is curly...then they aren't your true friend..
  • IggywagyIggywagy Posts: 36Registered Users
    With the exception of Oh.Hi.Its.Steph, we're all pretty new to this site (and possibly to accepting our curls).

I have found that the older I get (38 now) the more accepting of who I really am. Most women I know have deep-seeded self confidence problems. I am a mother of two really young girls and I am in awe of how beautiful and wonderful they are. How can I encourage them to love themselves if I can't accept myself 100%?

That's what keeps me away from the flatiron.
    Melissa
    3b
    Medium Density
    Normal Porosity
    Mom to two non-curlies, Miss Alison and Miss Riley
    I have gone 2 months without using my flat iron it hasn't been to hard but my curls bug me

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    ^ I still straighten once a month.... but I only started using it last May..
    I only straightened my hair for church or if I was bored now when I get bored I boing my curls or try different styles.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file