Recipes for protein sensitive, porous hair

Hey curly folk,
I just moved to another country and my hair is feeling the change in climate. I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me create a hair mask to jump start my hair's adjustment to its new home.

My hair is protein sensitive and porous, so I'm looking to avoid protein and humectants. Similarly, I want to avoid oils (though I love them) so the mask can rinse cleaner on its own, without co-washing. I've heard good things about avocado, banana, and yogurt, but I'm scared the naturally occuring protein in these items will be able to pass through the shaft of my hair. Do you have any good ingredients in mind?

I'd appreciate your help! I'm really at a loss about what to use.
Thanks!

Comments

• swansinaprilswansinapril Posts: 117Registered Users
    If you're that protein sensitive then I'd stick with something fool safe, like raw shea butter. I got mine here: Coastal Scents: Unrefined Shea Butter (and they give you a TON for 8 bucks).
    I'm protein sensitive too but avocado, bananas, even mayo has never caused me any problems, I think because the benefits of those natural products cancel out any harm the protein may be doing.
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file