Diet or Workout?

KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
I would much rather workout 5 times a week then diet 24/7
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3

Comments

• ShrekLoverShrekLover Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me too, but diet is really important. I'm not saying go on a diet that you will eventually go off of. I mean changing your eating by eating a bit healthier and not eating quite as much.
  • irociroc Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not a huge fan of dieting either, but much of your size, shape, body, etc, has to do more with what you eat than exercise.

Exercise is important, but you can exercise and still be fat. And many people are thin and never exercise at all.

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    I agree with both of you... I definitely try to eat healthier...but I don't mind splurging every once in a while! :D
    I agree with both of you... I definitely try to eat healthier...but I don't mind splurging every once in a while! :D

Of course not. What else is the hard work for?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes! This!!
  • HudsonHudson Posts: 4Registered Users
    Diet and exercise both are very important, because with out healthy diet individual can not take all the nutrition, That necessary for the human body. Exercise is also important to maintain health and fitness.
  • SalvadorSalvador Posts: 3Registered Users
    I think both things are very good for weight loss but i think if you do exercise daily the you would not to do any dieting. You should only eat simple foods instead of junk or fast foods.
    Salvador
    I agree with both of you. But what I actually meant was what would you rather do?? Sorry...I guess I didn't make that very clear...
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    I think diet isn't the correct word... More like learning to eat healthy? Kind of how when I get huge food cravings I try to go for a fruit instead of a huge donut HAHA it's so difficult though.. The temptation gets to be too much sometimes XD

I'd prefer to work out though, cause it actually builds muscle and strength and doesn't just get you skinny!
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
    ^ Nicely put! I actually really love fruit....and donuts. ;)
  • wild~hairwild~hair Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try doing interval work. It makes working out way more effective.
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Try doing interval work. It makes working out way more effective.

+1, yep that's exactly why I sprint!

dumb question coming up: What's interval work?
    dumb question coming up: What's interval work?

Alternating high intensity with medium intensity.

For instance, if you're a runner, you would run for 4 minutes, and then sprint at a high intensity for 90 seconds, and then go back to your previous speed. You would do this about 4 times. It really burbs more fat to alternate your metabolic rate like that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^ Thanks for explaining! I know what you're talking about now...I just didn't know what it was called. :)
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i've heard that 80% of your size is diet/nutrition. the other 20% is exercise. as a fitness instructor, that seems so unfair ;) i'm right now about 10-12 lbs over my ideal weight and i know it's because my diet/nutrition has been whack for awhile now. exercise is very important for your heart, mind and for toning your body and yes helping to melt fat but diet/nutrition is so important. i like the nutritionist that say food is almost like "medicine" to our body. when you think of it like that we can understand better how powerful what we eat is.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    OMG GUYZ I just back from the gym, I haven't dieted at all this whole summer (I do eat decently healthy though) and I weighed myself and discovered I've lost 6/7 pounds 0.0

itsiliii wrote: »
    I think diet isn't the correct word... More like learning to eat healthy? Kind of how when I get huge food cravings I try to go for a fruit instead of a huge donut HAHA it's so difficult though.. The temptation gets to be too much sometimes XD

I'd prefer to work out though, cause it actually builds muscle and strength and doesn't just get you skinny!

Actually, diet is very much the correct word. The word is just used more in society as in 'dieting'. But when you talk about any animals eating habits, you refer to their diet.

'their diet consists of...'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midgimidgi Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd choose to diet over exercising any day. I hate exercising unless I can disguise it as something else like playing kickball, or vacuuming, or swimming. You would never catch me outside jogging lol although I do occasionally lift weights and I like yoga.

A diet is just so much easier for me to do, and I usually drop weight faster with a diet. I wish I enjoyed exercise though, because I would like to be more toned and hard bodied but meh..... Can't have everything

Sent from "The Brick"
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    midgi wrote: »
    I'd choose to diet over exercising any day. I hate exercising unless I can disguise it as something else like playing kickball, or vacuuming, or swimming. You would never catch me outside jogging lol although I do occasionally lift weights and I like yoga.

A diet is just so much easier for me to do, and I usually drop weight faster with a diet. I wish I enjoyed exercise though, because I would like to be more toned and hard bodied but meh..... Can't have everything

Sent from "The Brick"

I drop weight much faster w dieting.

I have such a slow metabolism though, I have to practically not eat to lose weight. I won't see results w just exercising alone. And I hate exercising. I'm lazy. I like running, but only treadmill running, and my treadmill has been broken for a while so I probably have no endurance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^ yeah, I don't like running outside, well, that may be because we don't have a good place to run. But we sold our treadmill, so I haven't been able to run. I miss it.
    Ack youre right dieting has both definitions but in popular society its taken upon the bad meaning of it...

I just think its ridiculous how fast i lost weight x.x im actually kind of creeped out by it- maybe you ladies should try interval training? its supposed to cut weight the fastest plus healthy diet!

• RainyDaysRainyDays Posts: 49Registered Users
    Are you talking about going no a diet for let's say a month to loose weight?
    I would never go on a diet. I don't feel like restricting myself.
    I do however eat very healthy everyday and darnit, when I want the cookie I eat it, just not everyday.

Let my wrap it up:
    Going on a diet can help shed pounds, but a) is it fat you're shedding or water? b) diets won't give you muscles. That's a big argument for me, because muscles burn more calories even when your not working out.
    I'll have a cookie now.:wave:
    I cut my long hair in a short bob :bunny:
    Shampoo & Conditioner. Period.
    ^ yeah, I don't like running outside, well, that may be because we don't have a good place to run. But we sold our treadmill, so I haven't been able to run. I miss it.

I went for a run Saturday, and this morning. Both times I made it a mile, which is pretty good for me, outside, and for how long it's been. I really have to pace myself though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^That's great... I used to walk 3 miles everyday.. but that took up an hour of my day and I wasn't really into that.
    ^That's great... I used to walk 3 miles everyday.. but that took up an hour of my day and I wasn't really into that.

Ya, after my treadmill broke I started walking 3 miles a day, sometimes 5 miles on the weekends. It's hard for me to get that kind of time with 2 kids. So that just kind of went away.

I def need to do both though. I know even with exercise, I still have to watch my eating habits. Plus I hate feeling all gross and bloated and weighed down by bad food.

I hate that it's so hard for me to find time to exercise. The only option really, now, is to get up early in the morning.

Oh how I hate mornings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlylarucurlylaru Banned Posts: 143Banned Users
    For most poeple exercise alone isn't enough to lose or manage weight. It takesa whole lot of exercise to burn a little bit of calories.

So, for some people it's not enough.
    iroc wrote: »

Ya, after my treadmill broke I started walking 3 miles a day, sometimes 5 miles on the weekends. It's hard for me to get that kind of time with 2 kids. So that just kind of went away.

I def need to do both though. I know even with exercise, I still have to watch my eating habits. Plus I hate feeling all gross and bloated and weighed down by bad food.

I hate that it's so hard for me to find time to exercise. The only option really, now, is to get up early in the morning.

Oh how I hate mornings.

Oh, I know. I hate the feeling of being weighed down. I currently feel that way. :-| I can find time to exercise, it's just getting around to doing it. The weather is perfecto for running right now! I love it!
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Curl Neophyte Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    article i read today that was right on this topic/question... the 7 laws of leanness
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • RainyDaysRainyDays Posts: 49Registered Users
    Thank you for the article.
    I do agree with some points, but not everything.
    First of all ,some people just are naturally lean. Period. Most of the times these same people have more difficulty building muscle MASS which can be a downside, but that's up to everyone.
    I do agree with the fat-free trap, but I also think that eating the wrong kinds of fats can actually make you gain a few.
    Good fats are definitely all sorts of natural vegetable fats/oils.
    It gets tricky with Trans-fat acids and animal fat.

The article generalizes to much. Yeah, I understand ,the author did that on purpose, but I wish he had just used one sentence to at least mention the exceptions.
    I cut my long hair in a short bob :bunny:
    Shampoo & Conditioner. Period.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file