Color depositing condish

jessahjessah Registered Users Posts: 95
Do these actually work? I really want to add a little red to my hair, but am nervous. I am a wavy and I don't want to lose any of my wave like they say henna can do. Would a condish be a viable alternative?
Stopped fighting the pregnancy induced waves (9 year battle) and became natural 5/11
2a/b? fine, low porosity
co wash- say yes to carrots, strawberries and cream Vo5
low poo- Lor'eal ever pure
leave in- burt bees very volumizing watered down
gel- beautiful curls wavy-curly, LA looks sport
scrunch and pump works for me

Comments

• plushbabyplushbaby Registered Users Posts: 1
    WhileI have tried a bunch of different ones, I havent found a conditioner that actually deposits any noticeable amount of color. BUT John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Luminous Color Glaze (also comes in blonde and red) that you apply in the shower after your regular conditioner that I am in love with! its the perfect thing to keep my hair shiny and perk up my color in between colorings.

I also have wavy (2b) hair, and I havent noticed any loosening of my curls.
  • jessahjessah Registered Users Posts: 95
    Thanks! I look for it. :)
    Stopped fighting the pregnancy induced waves (9 year battle) and became natural 5/11
    2a/b? fine, low porosity
    co wash- say yes to carrots, strawberries and cream Vo5
    low poo- Lor'eal ever pure
    leave in- burt bees very volumizing watered down
    gel- beautiful curls wavy-curly, LA looks sport
    scrunch and pump works for me
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I've looked for a John Frieda version of red depositing condish, but never found it. Given the following, maybe that's a good thing, though.

My experiences with Aveda color condish were disastrous. Could be because I already had color in my hair, but I wound up with some sections that were very nearly hot pink. My stylist had a cow when she saw it.

However, the Aveda does work for at least one other poster here......can't recall which.
  • aislinaislin Registered Users Posts: 864
    Aveda works for a few of us.

I've used the clove, black malva, and now the one for red hair, and have had great results. This is because I already dye my hair however, and on top of that I am porous anyways. My root color doesn't change much when I use the Aveda, but if your hair is already colored, and has been lightened previously or you've used a permanent dye on it, it's worth a shot. There are hundreds (not kidding) of reviews of the stuff on the Aveda website that give a good balance I'd say. It's worth a shot - they allow you to return it with no penalty if it doesn't work. I actually made a post with pics showing my success, and keep meaning to post one with the red success.

I was going from blonde to my natural color, and found a way to keep my highlights from getting too yellow/brassy without having to color my hair with the Aveda. Then I dyed my hair red/burgundy, and used the red conditioner last weekend because my color had faded, and it was seriously redder than when I dyed it, I was shocked.

I haven't had much success with any other "color depositing" conditioners, which most seem to be a load of BS because the product is always some weak color and just works like a conditioner and never does anything. Some people have tried adding hair color to their conditioners, but I'm not sure about dilution rates or how one would go about doing that.

Best of luck :)
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• CurliniCurlini Registered Users Posts: 258 Curl Neophyte
    Another vote for Aveda - I use it to refresh my red when it fades. It works really well and I'm very happy with it.:icon_smile:
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie conditioners, Elucence moisture balancing, Darcy's pumpkin seed, Mop Top Daily
    Gels: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ Curl Queen, UFDCM, Mop Top Curly Custard, KCCC (wish it didn't take so long to dry!), CJ Aloe Fix Lite
    Weekly PT (CJ Repair Me) & DT
    Icequeen method
    CG since Aug. 08, still a lot to learn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file